Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs Interested In Bobby Crosby
Rok speaks the truth. Why, there's a guy who...

(heh heh)
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=22204:date=Mar 5 2009, 09:20 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Mar 5 2009, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=22197:date=Mar 5 2009, 08:47 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Mar 5 2009, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=22188:date=Mar 5 2009, 07:16 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Mar 5 2009, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Well, I was trying to be generous because a. I can't believe Fuk can be as bad as he was late last season, and b. I have an inherent Cub-bias, and I want them to do well so badly, that I mentally try to <i>will</i> them to better performances. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

That said, I truly have no idea how Fuk will do this year. Like Clapp is with Soriano, my already bad vibes toward Fuk turned into all-out hatred during last year's playoffs. So that definitely has colored my perception of him, I'm sorry to say.

(btw, compared to your projections, I did lower his OPS 40 points, and his batting avg from a respectable .270 to a bench-worthy .245, so it's not like we had identical projections. Needless to say, I hope and pray that <i>you're</i> right, and I'm wrong.)<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
What's funny is if there was anybody I'd think would like Fuk, it would be you. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/fukwalk.gif[/img]
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'm sure that if Fuk could slug 40+ HR and maintain his OBP from last season, he'd be KB's favorite Cub. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

and if he shaved his pubes.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=22240:date=Mar 6 2009, 07:13 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Mar 6 2009, 07:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=22204:date=Mar 5 2009, 09:20 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Mar 5 2009, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=22197:date=Mar 5 2009, 08:47 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Mar 5 2009, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=22188:date=Mar 5 2009, 07:16 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Mar 5 2009, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Well, I was trying to be generous because a. I can't believe Fuk can be as bad as he was late last season, and b. I have an inherent Cub-bias, and I want them to do well so badly, that I mentally try to <i>will</i> them to better performances. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

That said, I truly have no idea how Fuk will do this year. Like Clapp is with Soriano, my already bad vibes toward Fuk turned into all-out hatred during last year's playoffs. So that definitely has colored my perception of him, I'm sorry to say.

(btw, compared to your projections, I did lower his OPS 40 points, and his batting avg from a respectable .270 to a bench-worthy .245, so it's not like we had identical projections. Needless to say, I hope and pray that <i>you're</i> right, and I'm wrong.)<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
What's funny is if there was anybody I'd think would like Fuk, it would be you. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/fukwalk.gif[/img]
I'm sure that if Fuk could slug 40+ HR and maintain his OBP from last season, he'd be KB's favorite Cub. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

and if he shaved his pubes.
He's Japanese, so he probably has no choice in the matter.