Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs-White Sox
<!--quoteo(post=21902:date=Mar 4 2009, 09:11 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Mar 4 2009, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=21900:date=Mar 4 2009, 10:04 PM:name=vegascub)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vegascub @ Mar 4 2009, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->How in the fuck can they not have opening day on WGN? It's always on WGN. That is fucking cock shit.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Is it on ESPN?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It does not show that it is on ESPN, on the Cubs schedule.
<!--quoteo(post=21895:date=Mar 4 2009, 10:55 PM:name=Navigater)-->QUOTE (Navigater @ Mar 4 2009, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=21890:date=Mar 4 2009, 10:49 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Mar 4 2009, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=21889:date=Mar 4 2009, 10:47 PM:name=Navigater)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Navigater @ Mar 4 2009, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=21884:date=Mar 4 2009, 10:39 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Mar 4 2009, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=21881:date=Mar 4 2009, 10:35 PM:name=Navigater)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Navigater @ Mar 4 2009, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=21880:date=Mar 4 2009, 10:33 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Mar 4 2009, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=21878:date=Mar 4 2009, 10:29 PM:name=Navigater)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Navigater @ Mar 4 2009, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=21872:date=Mar 4 2009, 10:24 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Mar 4 2009, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=21864:date=Mar 4 2009, 10:15 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Mar 4 2009, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=21861:date=Mar 4 2009, 09:13 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Mar 4 2009, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Spring Training.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
The sad thing is it only gets worse for Soriano when it actually matters.
Oh please.

Hey Ruby. This has nothing to do with baseball, but oh well. Just wanted to say hey, because I see you're from North Liberty, and I saw a road sign for it today. I was working in Iowa City for a company out of Dubuque. Small world. Anywho, that's was all. Peace and chicken grease.
Are you from Dubuque?

Actually from near Freeport in Illinois, but work for a company out of Dubuque. I actually live in whatever Heartland Inn is closest to the jobsite. Lol.

I see. I grew up in Epworth and went to Western Dubuque for school, I've been in the Iowa City area for the last 10 years.

Cool. We've been working at the University for the last couple weeks. You know, the "other" U of I [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
There's no "of", it's UI. What building are you working at?

No of? Where you go college? Me go University Iowa! Weird. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img] We were in the hospital last week and Bowen Science Building this week. A very hateful place to park down there. We got a parking ticket while unloading a truck in a LOADING DOCK! Appearantly we wern't enough in the dock area. Glad to be out of there.
Well of course there's an 'of' when you say it outloud, University of Iowa. When you abbreviate it though, it's UI or UIowa, I dunno why.

Also, if it was a ticket from the UI police(I assume it was because you were at Bowen), just throw it away. You're never gonna have to pay it, if your vehicle's not registered with the University, they have no way of tracking you down.
University of Kentucky is the same way. It's just UK. University of Louisville is UofL. Don't know why either.
<!--quoteo(post=21841:date=Mar 4 2009, 09:55 PM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Mar 4 2009, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The Shark don't look good one bit. What do you expect from a domer, he's blowin' hard.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Really? Not one bit? I thought he did pretty well considering it was his second start of the year, it's a homer friendly park and the wind was howling out. Slider looked real nice, fastball was humping up there, although a bit wayward at times and a nice change. In fact, that first hbp, I believe was Konerko, could have easily been avoided if his old ass could move out of the way. That being said, if it was my choice, I'd have Marshall in the 5th spot, with Shark getting a little of time in Iowa. But with Harden in the rotation, it will be limited time for him.

I think you're just trying to be a dickhead by making the domer comment. Congrats, mission accomplished.
<!--quoteo(post=21966:date=Mar 5 2009, 10:21 AM:name=Tailgater)-->QUOTE (Tailgater @ Mar 5 2009, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=21841:date=Mar 4 2009, 09:55 PM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Mar 4 2009, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The Shark don't look good one bit. What do you expect from a domer, he's blowin' hard.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Really? Not one bit? I thought he did pretty well considering it was his second start of the year, it's a homer friendly park and the wind was howling out. Slider looked real nice, fastball was humping up there, although a bit wayward at times and a nice change. In fact, that first hbp, I believe was Konerko, could have easily been avoided if his old ass could move out of the way. That being said, if it was my choice, I'd have Marshall in the 5th spot, with Shark getting a little of time in Iowa. But with Harden in the rotation, it will be limited time for him.

I think you're just trying to be a dickhead by making the domer comment. Congrats, mission accomplished.

I thought Samadzija looked very hittable last night. And I agree, Domers blow. Can a be a dickhead too?
I thought Shark looked fine. His fastball had some life on it. His change-up was about 10 mph slower and pretty deceptive. His slider didn't have a ton of bite to it, but it's the desert -- sometimes breaking balls aren't as effective. Plus...as mentioned, it was his second ST appearance. Give the guy some time.
I still say he's going to suck this season and spend a healthy chunk of it in Iowa.
I got nothin'.

Andy
Watching Shark, I feel like he could simplify his windup a bit. There's some weird wasted motion about mid-way through his delivery. Unless it's there to disrupt the hitter's timing, I think it's something he could work on.
He would be fine out of the pen.
<!--quoteo(post=22025:date=Mar 5 2009, 01:39 PM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Mar 5 2009, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->He would be fine out of the pen.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

He thinks he's a starter.
I got nothin'.

Andy
<!--quoteo(post=22081:date=Mar 5 2009, 02:45 PM:name=Andy)-->QUOTE (Andy @ Mar 5 2009, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=22025:date=Mar 5 2009, 01:39 PM:name=Coach)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coach @ Mar 5 2009, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->He would be fine out of the pen.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

He thinks he's a starter.
I don't see why he can't be. He showed a nice variety of pitches last night and they're only going to improve. His splitter got incredibly better in just a few months last year and his change up which he made sound non-existent before the offseason showed some promise last night.
@TheBlogfines
The game isn't on WGN radio, but it's on the Score with the Sox douchebags. I can't listen to these guys...
I listened long enough to hear Bako throw some douche out at 2nd, though...