Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cuts
<!--quoteo(post=24844:date=Mar 25 2009, 08:16 AM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Mar 25 2009, 08:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=24843:date=Mar 25 2009, 09:13 AM:name=Quinn)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Quinn @ Mar 25 2009, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Spellcheck could also be working on a pitch or something.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm confused, did you just called Samardzija spellcheck?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yes, because I can't spell his name and spell check never thinks its right.

I stole it from GROTA actually. I think it's a great nickname.
<!--quoteo(post=24843:date=Mar 25 2009, 08:13 AM:name=Quinn)-->QUOTE (Quinn @ Mar 25 2009, 08:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Spellcheck could also be working on a pitch or something.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He's been working on a changeup.
<!--quoteo(post=24845:date=Mar 25 2009, 08:19 AM:name=Quinn)-->QUOTE (Quinn @ Mar 25 2009, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=24844:date=Mar 25 2009, 08:16 AM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ Mar 25 2009, 08:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=24843:date=Mar 25 2009, 09:13 AM:name=Quinn)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Quinn @ Mar 25 2009, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Spellcheck could also be working on a pitch or something.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i like it, but why not put it in the "nicknmae" thread? it's ginchy.
Wang.
I will do that. I hadn't been following that thread since I'm not on here much.
<!--quoteo(post=24850:date=Mar 25 2009, 09:10 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Mar 25 2009, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=24845:date=Mar 25 2009, 08:19 AM:name=Quinn)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Quinn @ Mar 25 2009, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=24844:date=Mar 25 2009, 08:16 AM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ Mar 25 2009, 08:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=24843:date=Mar 25 2009, 09:13 AM:name=Quinn)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Quinn @ Mar 25 2009, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Spellcheck could also be working on a pitch or something.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No, you should put it in the "nickname" thread.
[Image: lou.jpg]
<!--quoteo(post=24965:date=Mar 25 2009, 03:07 PM:name=Mikey)-->QUOTE (Mikey @ Mar 25 2009, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=24850:date=Mar 25 2009, 09:10 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Mar 25 2009, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=24845:date=Mar 25 2009, 08:19 AM:name=Quinn)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Quinn @ Mar 25 2009, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=24844:date=Mar 25 2009, 08:16 AM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ Mar 25 2009, 08:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=24843:date=Mar 25 2009, 09:13 AM:name=Quinn)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Quinn @ Mar 25 2009, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Spellcheck could also be working on a pitch or something.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Veryzer got [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/teh.gif[/img]'d!
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=24969:date=Mar 25 2009, 04:18 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Mar 25 2009, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=24965:date=Mar 25 2009, 03:07 PM:name=Mikey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mikey @ Mar 25 2009, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=24850:date=Mar 25 2009, 09:10 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Mar 25 2009, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=24845:date=Mar 25 2009, 08:19 AM:name=Quinn)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Quinn @ Mar 25 2009, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=24844:date=Mar 25 2009, 08:16 AM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ Mar 25 2009, 08:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=24843:date=Mar 25 2009, 09:13 AM:name=Quinn)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Quinn @ Mar 25 2009, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Spellcheck could also be working on a pitch or something.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Veryzer got [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/teh.gif[/img]'d!

no, i spelled it the aramaic way.
Wang.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Cubs reassigned INF Esteban German, C Mark Johnson, INF Andres Blanco, OF Brad Snyder and OF So Taguchi to minor league camp; optioned RHP Kevin Hart and RHP Randy Wells to Triple-A Iowa
German was foolish to sign with the Cubs after being let go by the Royals. There were teams he would have had a legitimate chance of making. The Cubs, on the other hand, have had their bench set since the very beginning of the spring. For that reason, Taguchi also failed to make the team, even though he clearly outplayed Joey Gathright. Hart gets dropped despite a 14/2 K/BB ratio in 9 1/3 innings.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--quoteo(post=25631:date=Mar 29 2009, 04:26 PM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Mar 29 2009, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Cubs reassigned INF Esteban German, C Mark Johnson, INF Andres Blanco, OF Brad Snyder and OF So Taguchi to minor league camp; optioned RHP Kevin Hart and RHP Randy Wells to Triple-A Iowa
German was foolish to sign with the Cubs after being let go by the Royals. There were teams he would have had a legitimate chance of making. The Cubs, on the other hand, have had their bench set since the very beginning of the spring. For that reason, Taguchi also failed to make the team, even though he clearly outplayed Joey Gathright. Hart gets dropped despite a 14/2 K/BB ratio in 9 1/3 innings.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I usually love Rotoworld's commentary, but this one and the Cubs closer one were back-to-back poor showings. The bench wasn't remotely set at the start of ST, and Gregg as closer is the right decision (let alone being a ridiculously horrible one as Rotoworld seems to think).
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
They've got a hard on for Marmol, and rightfully so. I don't agree that the bench was set either, but let's be realistic. Taguchi, Blanco, and Snyder never had a chance at making the team, and while German may have, I think it was pretty slim... He'll be nice to have in AAA in case one of our MI gets hurt.

The active roster stands at 28 according to Cubs.com:

<b>Pitchers</b>
Neal Cotts
Ryan Dempster
Chad Gaudin
Kevin Gregg
Angel Guzman
Rich Harden
Aaron Heilman
Ted Lilly
Carlos Marmol
Sean Marshall
David Patton
Jeff Samardzija
Luis Vizcaino
Carlos Zambrano

<b>Catchers </b>
Paul Bako
Koyie Hill
Geovany Soto

<b>Infielders</b>
Mike Fontenot
Micah Hoffpauir
Derrek Lee
Aaron Miles
Aramis Ramirez
Ryan Theriot

<b>Outfielders </b>
Milton Bradley
Kosuke Fukudome
Joey Gathright
Reed Johnson
Alfonso Soriano

Axe the Bako, send Samardzija to AAA to start, and DFA Vizcaino, and I think we're looking at the final 25 man roster.
CC that would be the perfect roster as far as I am concerned.
"Drink Up and Beat Off!"
-KBWSB

"Will I be looked on poorly if my religion involved punting little people?"
-Jody
I still don't see us DFAing Vizcaino and if so, it sure wouldn't make much sense. He has good spring numbers, was very good against righties last year and he is going to make 4 million this year.
Wittenmeyer had an interesting suggestion...

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Marmol, Gregg, Cotts and Heilman are your top four pen guys. Handle the three other spots like this: Give two of the jobs to veteran Chad Fox and Rule 5 kid David Patton. They've earned them, and in Patton's case, it prevents being forced to offer him back to his original team, Colorado.

Then give Vizcaino the last spot, which prevents being forced to eat the $4 million he's owed on his contract -- at least yet. That means Hart and Samardzija open in the minors, and it means coming up with some kind of ``tired shoulder'' or ``plantar fasciitis'' for Gaudin and Guzman, who are both out of options and likely to be claimed on waivers if cut.

This buys a few weeks into the regular season to see how Patton handles big crowds and games that matter, how Vizcaino looks when it counts, and whether any of those other guys respond to a wakeup call.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Fine except for letting Chad Fox anywhere near the roster.
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Please no more Chad Fox