Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prior Article
Prior had sick stuff. Unhittable when he was on the mound and "right". Very rarely does a guy have HOF calibre stuff as a rookie - hell - coming out of college.

I put a finger squarely in Baker's chest for this one. I'm not a stathead by any stretch of the imagination. And I don't buy into the math behind PAP anymore. But I do believe a manager can destroy a young kid's arm. In my eyes, that's what this was.
I place a lot of blame at Baker's feet, as well -- maybe not all of it, but a whole lot of it. Between the ridiculous pitch counts and putting him back on the hill right after crashing into Giles, Baker had absolutely no sense of restraint. It looks like he's determined to leave his mark on the young arms in Cincy now.
<!--quoteo(post=23541:date=Mar 16 2009, 02:40 PM:name=Jody)-->QUOTE (Jody @ Mar 16 2009, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=23353:date=Mar 14 2009, 01:18 AM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Mar 14 2009, 01:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=23352:date=Mar 13 2009, 11:29 PM:name=Fella)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fella @ Mar 13 2009, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm not saying the Cubs didn't grossly mishandle the situation, they hid everything from the public, missed a shoulder injury in 05 and Dusty obviously abused him. But to me their comes a point eventually where some of the blame has to fall on his body and his mental status. 2003 was 6 years ago. He could have had surgery on every muscle and ligament in his arm and had time to heal 3 times over.

We don't even know why he isn't pitching these days. The Padres say there is nothing structurally wrong just like the Cubs did for so long. There is always a reason why he can't pitch. He is always doing bullpen sessions and towel drills and workouts, he has been "a few months away" for years. Its just never gonna happen. I think he would have had major health issues even had he never met Dusty.

I could be wrong, obviously we will never know. With how much stuff the Cubs hid, I don't think almost anyone knows what really happened. But I think portraying Prior as the poor little abused blameless pitcher is just as naive as calling him a giant pussy.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Well, the guy did have 2 procedures over the past 2 years. I have no idea if they were as serious as he wants us to believe, but I just can't overlook how quickly he bounced back after 2 severe injuries (not pitching related, mind you) in 2003-04. Either he turned into a giant vagine sometime in 2005 and lost his competitiveness <b>or</b> he had some serious injuries that built up during a short period and simply became Mr Glass. I just refuse to believe that all he wants to do is pick up a paycheck and sit on his ass for the rest of his career. Either way, nobody will ever know for sure.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

[Image: glass-joe.jpg]
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I will whip that guys ass right now. Glass Ho is what his name should be.
<!--quoteo(post=23566:date=Mar 16 2009, 03:52 PM:name=cherp)-->QUOTE (cherp @ Mar 16 2009, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Prior had sick stuff. Unhittable when he was on the mound and "right". Very rarely does a guy have HOF calibre stuff as a rookie - hell - coming out of college.

I put a finger squarely in Baker's chest for this one. I'm not a stathead by any stretch of the imagination. And I don't buy into the math behind PAP anymore. But I do believe a manager can destroy a young kid's arm. In my eyes, that's what this was.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i concur.
Wang.