Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rich Harden
According to Buster Olney, Harden's fastball was clocked at 85 to 90 mph on Saturday. I just hope he hasn't thrown enough to get his arm strength up yet. Sure doesn't seem to sound good though.
<!--quoteo(post=27111:date=Apr 6 2009, 08:31 AM:name=stevestonescigar)-->QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ Apr 6 2009, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->According to Buster Olney, Harden's fastball was clocked at 85 to 90 mph on Saturday. I just hope he hasn't thrown enough to get his arm strength up yet. Sure doesn't seem to sound good though.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Harden said going in he wasn't going to go all out on his fastball, not sure if that means he can't or not.
His fastball hasn't been the same since last July.
maybe instead of skipping marshall, they should skip harden the first time around.

or maybe, just maybe, harden makes his first start and dominates. maybe then everyone relaxes.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=27111:date=Apr 6 2009, 07:31 AM:name=stevestonescigar)-->QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ Apr 6 2009, 07:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->According to Buster Olney, Harden's fastball was clocked at 85 to 90 mph on Saturday. I just hope he hasn't thrown enough to get his arm strength up yet. Sure doesn't seem to sound good though.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He was throwing meatballs and has been all spring. He can't pitch like this, he's a 2 pitch pitcher. Every bit as worrying is that his command's been ass. He's not right... yet at least.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=27238:date=Apr 6 2009, 01:23 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 6 2009, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=27111:date=Apr 6 2009, 07:31 AM:name=stevestonescigar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ Apr 6 2009, 07:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->According to Buster Olney, Harden's fastball was clocked at 85 to 90 mph on Saturday. I just hope he hasn't thrown enough to get his arm strength up yet. Sure doesn't seem to sound good though.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He was throwing meatballs and has been all spring. He can't pitch like this, he's a 2 pitch pitcher. Every bit as worrying is that his command's been ass. He's not right... yet at least.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He's technically a 2-pitch pitcher, but when he's right, he can throw 75 mph to 95 mph and everything in between with the same arm action. Not only that, but his change has some good movement on it.

I know you already know this, but I'm saying it anyway.

At this point, I sort of wish he would've gone the surgery route instead of the rehab route. I don't think we're going to see the same Harden we saw last summer ever again.
<!--quoteo(post=27241:date=Apr 6 2009, 12:29 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 6 2009, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=27238:date=Apr 6 2009, 01:23 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 6 2009, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=27111:date=Apr 6 2009, 07:31 AM:name=stevestonescigar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ Apr 6 2009, 07:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->According to Buster Olney, Harden's fastball was clocked at 85 to 90 mph on Saturday. I just hope he hasn't thrown enough to get his arm strength up yet. Sure doesn't seem to sound good though.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He's technically a 2-pitch pitcher, but when he's right, he can throw 75 mph to 95 mph and everything in between with the same arm action. Not only that, but his change has some good movement on it.

I know you already know this, but I'm saying it anyway.

At this point, I sort of wish he would've gone the surgery route instead of the rehab route. I don't think we're going to see the same Harden we saw last summer ever again.
Right, I'm just saying it's a lot more effective when he's throwing that fastball consistently at 95-98 like when we got him, than it is at 87-93 where he's been this spring. Like Trevor Hoffman has shown, you can still be effective this way but not nearly as dominant.

And I agree. I'd much rather have a couple months of Harden's sexness and chances to dominate in October than a year of pretty good pitching. He's the best pitcher in baseball when he's right. He's not close to that right now.
@TheBlogfines
Without that velocity, dirty Dick is a different pitcher.
I got nothin'.

Andy
You know what? Last year, he wasn't just good, he was Sandy Koufax-good. He was unbelievable, dazzling, lights-out.

Frankly, we don't need him to be that good. We need him to be healthy. If his ERA literally <i>doubled</i>, he'd still be a damn fine starter, and I'd take twice as many starts for half as good of results.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
Ah, the repeated joy of the double-post snag, which Acey and crew refuse to acknowledge. Wheeee!
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=27325:date=Apr 6 2009, 03:01 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 6 2009, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Ah, the repeated joy of the double-post snag, which Acey and crew refuse to acknowledge. Wheeee!<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I never double-post. Never. Not once.

It's something on your end, Kabes. I promise.
<!--quoteo(post=27329:date=Apr 6 2009, 03:04 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 6 2009, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=27325:date=Apr 6 2009, 03:01 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 6 2009, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Ah, the repeated joy of the double-post snag, which Acey and crew refuse to acknowledge. Wheeee!<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Uh...yeah, except for those numerous other guys who've double-posted. Clappie did just last night.
But I do kind of enjoy your branding of me as the Lone Retard. It's pleasant.
<!--quoteo(post=27333:date=Apr 6 2009, 03:09 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 6 2009, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=27329:date=Apr 6 2009, 03:04 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 6 2009, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=27325:date=Apr 6 2009, 03:01 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 6 2009, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Ah, the repeated joy of the double-post snag, which Acey and crew refuse to acknowledge. Wheeee!<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Uh...yeah, except for those numerous other guys who've double-posted. Clappie did just last night.

So instead of a black mask do you wear a helmet?
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
Sometimes it's your internet connection being choppy and sometimes it's due to a temporary site outage. I haven't double posted since the old site.
<!--quoteo(post=27333:date=Apr 6 2009, 03:09 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 6 2009, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=27329:date=Apr 6 2009, 03:04 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 6 2009, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=27325:date=Apr 6 2009, 03:01 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 6 2009, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Ah, the repeated joy of the double-post snag, which Acey and crew refuse to acknowledge. Wheeee!<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
WTF, dude? I'm not branding you as anything -- and I'm not saying you're the only one it happens to. I'm just saying that it isn't a problem with the site -- at least one that is Ace's (or anyone else's) fault.