Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taking One for the Team
Ok so if this is too inappropriate, shut her down, but figure what the hell.

Now I don't wish ill on anyone, <b>but if there was one player on this team that could go on the DL for the remainder of year--who would you have it be?</b> I'd like to stress, that I don't want anyone to be injured and have poor health. Think Frank Thomas 2005--how maybe it wasn't the worst thing to have the old guard go down.

For me it would be Milton Bradley. I think the best thing he can do for the team is to just puss out for the rest of the year (before it's too late) so we can find a suitable replacement.

Any other thoughts?
"Last year, I was sort of a kid and I was a little scared, I ain't scared any more."
Quote:- Hank Aaron
i'd like to see bradley hit by a car and his brains dashed out on the road where the rats would feed on them, but i'd never wish injury on any player.
Wang.
I'd much rather Bradley be 100% healthy for the rest of the season and have his numbers come close to his career averages. Unlikely, I know. But I'd rather have that than him be out for the rest of the year.
Lee or Gregg
During periods like this, Soriano. For the greater good of the team, Gregg. I still want to see Bradley turn his shit around.
<!--quoteo(post=42259:date=Jun 5 2009, 10:50 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jun 5 2009, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->During periods like this, Soriano. For the greater good of the team, Gregg. I still want to see Bradley turn his shit around.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I too would love to see Bradley start hitting the ball--but we all know what happens next...
...he then will tweak something and only be available to pinch hit for the next 2 weeks.
"Last year, I was sort of a kid and I was a little scared, I ain't scared any more."
Being down for just this year really does us no good. Hendry wouldn't find a long-term type of replacement, we'd just have another Freel type guy added. I need a Soriano to go down with a career ender. His contract is never ending and I've never been a fan of his work.
The only injury that would really benefit the Cubs is Bradley. If he was dl'd until mid to late August and then finished the season with an incredible 35 games, plus playoffs. Without the 13 million 3rd year, Bradley's deal is fine. I am fine with Lee. .300 w/ 15 HRs the rest of the way is realistic.

I really hated the Soriano deal. It pissed me off so much that for three years Hendry did not think the guy was worth trading Pie and/or Hill for, and then is willing to pay him 136 million. So far, I have been wrong.
I like you guys a lot.
<!--quoteo(post=42328:date=Jun 5 2009, 03:53 PM:name=leonardsipes)-->QUOTE (leonardsipes @ Jun 5 2009, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The only injury that would really benefit the Cubs is Bradley. If he was dl'd until mid to late August and then finished the season with an incredible 35 games, plus playoffs. Without the 13 million 3rd year, Bradley's deal is fine. I am fine with Lee. .300 w/ 15 HRs the rest of the way is realistic.

I really hated the Soriano deal. It pissed me off so much that for three years Hendry did not think the guy was worth trading Pie and/or Hill for, and then is willing to pay him 136 million. So far, I have been wrong.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't mind Soriano as much as the Bradley deal. The problem with Soriano though is that he is not a playoff leadoff hitter. You need that score first, timely offense to win in the playoffs. And his swooping swing isn't going to get that done. I don't mind his play if he was considered a middle of the order guy.
Lou.