Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moon
<!--quoteo(post=78044:date=Jan 29 2010, 05:01 PM:name=Mikey)-->QUOTE (Mikey @ Jan 29 2010, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=77949:date=Jan 28 2010, 11:05 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jan 28 2010, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=77948:date=Jan 28 2010, 10:37 PM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Jan 28 2010, 10:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'd say it's pretty close to a classic. I had it all figured out even before the movie started, but I realized the big twist that I had envisioned actually occurs 30 minutes into the movie. So while I saw that coming, the great part of the movie is that it in now way hinges on that twist. There was still an hour left.

I thought it was pretty emotional, and Rockwell was pretty amazing.

I'm a big fan.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It's funny, I was just thinking about this movie again tonight. I actually wanted to watch it again just to see what I may have missed the first time. The more I think about, the more it's grown on me for sure.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
liar. You just want to be like all the cool kids!
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I think I've been very consistent in my opinion about this film.

And Mikey, I will destroy you.
Watched this on Friday. I love cerebral Sci-Fi movies like this -- and Rockwell is one of my favorite actors. He was outstanding. Lots of really good ideas in this one -- and very well executed. I kept excepting the Kevin Spacey computer to turn sinister like HAL from 2001 -- it was clearly an homage. But I'm glad it didn't take that obvious turn. It was also surprisingly emotional and sad -- which I loved.

***SPOILER BELOW***

When the decaying Sam gets a live feed and is able to call his home and his teenage daughter answers...man. That was heartbreaking.

4.5/5 stars
coming via netflix tomorrow
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
Just watched this...man was it good. 4.5/5 stars.

I guessed what was going on pretty early, and it was interesting to see how it would play out. I guess he's making 2 more movies after this within the same "universe" that Moon was in.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
Watched this last night. I think this has to be one of the most depressing movies ever. Rockwell really made me care about his character like few actors have. I enjoyed it quite a bit.