Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shutter Island
<object width="450" height="237"><param name="movie" value="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/11614"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/11614" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="237" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

Not bad. Some of it seems very B-movie like, but this should be a lot of fun. Reminds me of his version of Cape Fear in many ways.
Interesting. If Scorsese wasn't the director, I'd probably wait for the DVD, but he is incapable of making a dull movie. I'm excited.
Based on a novel by Dennis Lehane, who is a very good writer. Butch, if you haven't picked up "The Given Day" by him yet, take this as a reminder. You won't be disappointed.
I'm 100% fine with this. I'm just glad there's an actual plan in place that isn't, "Let's load up on retreads and hope we get lucky." I'm a little tired of that plan.

Butcher
that looks pretty dope
yep, the trailor hooked me. i'm in.
Wang.
Looks campy as shit.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
Can't wait to see this. Scorcese is my favorite director of all time...no contest.
<!--quoteo(post=79811:date=Feb 17 2010, 05:52 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ Feb 17 2010, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Can't wait to see this. Scorcese is my favorite director of all time...no contest.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Ditto. And ditto.
I really want to see this as well, but the early reviews aren't encouraging so far, not that I normally care.

I just learned that the screenwriter for this is the same person who wrote "Pathfinder" and "Alexander," so the bar was set pretty low to begin with.
<!--quoteo(post=80003:date=Feb 19 2010, 10:51 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Feb 19 2010, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I really want to see this as well, but the early reviews aren't encouraging so far, not that I normally care.

I just learned that the screenwriter for this is the same person who wrote "Pathfinder" and "Alexander," so the bar was set pretty low to begin with.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
The Onion's AV Club review was very positive -- which is generally a good sign for me.
<!--quoteo(post=80004:date=Feb 19 2010, 10:57 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Feb 19 2010, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=80003:date=Feb 19 2010, 10:51 AM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Feb 19 2010, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I really want to see this as well, but the early reviews aren't encouraging so far, not that I normally care.

I just learned that the screenwriter for this is the same person who wrote "Pathfinder" and "Alexander," so the bar was set pretty low to begin with.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
The Onion's AV Club review was very positive -- which is generally a good sign for me.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah, I still want to go see it regardless of what people are saying. And it is pretty much supposed to be a high-end b-movie anyway, which I am a fan of, so that will turn off a large % of audiences no matter what. I just was a little thrown off when I found out who the screenwriter was.
<!--quoteo(post=80004:date=Feb 19 2010, 09:57 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Feb 19 2010, 09:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=80003:date=Feb 19 2010, 10:51 AM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Feb 19 2010, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I really want to see this as well, but the early reviews aren't encouraging so far, not that I normally care.

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Some of the comments on that review are hilarious.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/shutter-island,38347/

You don't see Shock Corridor mentioned very often in reviews, but if this turns out to be anything like it, then I will be pleased.
Dann Gire in the Herald today gave it 4 stars. He's generally pretty tough to impress. Ebert gave it 3 1/2 stars.
Btw...now I really want to see this movie. I love dark, creepy movies and all the things i've been reading have said this movie fits that to a T.