Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13/12
I guess I wasn't paying enough attention, but I just noticed that we have 13 pitchers on our 25-man--leaving us with only 12 batters.

Our bench consists of Koyie, Blanco, Micah and Reed--wow! But the genius Piniella probably considers regular pinch hitter Carlos Zambrano as a bench player.

WTF Piniella, Hendry and whoever else was in on this dumb-ass decision making process.
"Last year, I was sort of a kid and I was a little scared, I ain't scared any more."
Quote:- Hank Aaron
<!--quoteo(post=44004:date=Jun 13 2009, 02:37 PM:name=BackyardLegend)-->QUOTE (BackyardLegend @ Jun 13 2009, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I guess I wasn't paying enough attention, but I just noticed that we have 13 pitchers on our 25-man--leaving us with only 12 batters.

Our bench consists of Koyie, Blanco, Micah and Reed--wow! But the genius Piniella probably considers regular pinch hitter Carlos Zambrano as a bench player.

WTF Piniella, Hendry and whoever else was in on this dumb-ass decision making process.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I haven't been too happy with anything Lou or Hendry have done since Derosa left
[Image: eaobup.jpg]
Waddell is more than likely going down for Fox when we play AL games, so we can use Fox as the DH.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
<!--quoteo(post=44036:date=Jun 13 2009, 02:34 PM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Jun 13 2009, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Waddell is more than likely going down for Fox when we play AL games, so we can use Fox as the DH.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That's what I think as well. Lou's said recently that if Harden were available, he can just use Marshall as his lefty, and Harden of course is back.
@TheBlogfines
What they said, plus I'm guessing there was a concern with Harden on the mound with a pitch limit that they might need a deeper pen for a little bit.
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
We could have 20 position players on this roster, and we'd still struggle to score runs. This team is a joke.