Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs vs Sox 6/18/09
I've been having these eye spasms all day, suddenly they have gone away.
Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them.
This can be the game that rights the ship. CAN. Let's see if it happens.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
<!--quoteo(post=45092:date=Jun 18 2009, 04:18 PM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Jun 18 2009, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This can be the game that rights the ship. CAN. Let's see if it happens.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No truer words have ever been uttered.
<!--quoteo(post=45083:date=Jun 18 2009, 04:08 PM:name=sleepyhead)-->QUOTE (sleepyhead @ Jun 18 2009, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=45082:date=Jun 18 2009, 04:05 PM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Jun 18 2009, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Call me a hypocrite, but I'm glad enough with this win right now, that I don't care that we're so far behind in the standings. Sticking it to these Sox fuckers is worth a year's supply of Megan Fox.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That's just stupid. This feels good now, but I am in no way beyond caring about our place in the standing.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

We're really not that far back. As Brenly said, we're still in this, especially considering how the rest of the division has been playing.
<!--quoteo(post=45090:date=Jun 18 2009, 04:15 PM:name=Gracie)-->QUOTE (Gracie @ Jun 18 2009, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=45081:date=Jun 18 2009, 04:05 PM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Jun 18 2009, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=45073:date=Jun 18 2009, 04:01 PM:name=Gracie)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gracie @ Jun 18 2009, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->CAN REED JOHNSON START AT CENTER EVERYDAY NOW<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The same Reed Johnson who played like monkey shit yesterday?

Kosuke is playing like donkey shit on most days, Reed is at least hitting some. They should platoon.
They do platoon, the Cubs just haven't played against hardly any LHP.
<!--quoteo(post=45082:date=Jun 18 2009, 04:05 PM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Jun 18 2009, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Call me a hypocrite, but I'm glad enough with this win right now, that I don't care that we're so far behind in the standings. Sticking it to these Sox fuckers is worth a year's supply of Megan Fox.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
The Cubs are one good week outta first place . . . with about 100 games to go.
I was at work during the game but I watched the Comcast replay of it just now...I think Hawk blamed the umpires for the runs the Cubs put up in the eighth inning at least thirty times. What a douchebag. By the way did I mention mention the pitch to Soriano was a strike?
It seems like this series always has great games. Congrats to the Cubs on staying focused when down late. That's the kind of fight you look for to see that a team hasn't quit.

I'm hoping the makeup game in September is meaningful for both teams - can you imagine it?
<!--quoteo(post=45136:date=Jun 19 2009, 12:10 AM:name=cherp)-->QUOTE (cherp @ Jun 19 2009, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->It seems like this series always has great games. Congrats to the Cubs on staying focused when down late. That's the kind of fight you look for to see that a team hasn't quit.

I'm hoping the makeup game in September is meaningful for both teams - can you imagine it?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
My heart couldn't take it. I hope to god it's a meaningless game or better yet, that it is canceled altogether.
<!--quoteo(post=45136:date=Jun 19 2009, 01:10 AM:name=cherp)-->QUOTE (cherp @ Jun 19 2009, 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->It seems like this series always has great games. Congrats to the Cubs on staying focused when down late. That's the kind of fight you look for to see that a team hasn't quit.

I'm hoping the makeup game in September is meaningful for both teams - can you imagine it?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'm hoping a sinkhole opens up and swallows the Cell during a Sox game before then.

You have season tickets, right?
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]