Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs @ Tigers 6/25/09
<!--quoteo(post=46219:date=Jun 25 2009, 03:06 PM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Jun 25 2009, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=46215:date=Jun 25 2009, 03:46 PM:name=vitaminB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vitaminB @ Jun 25 2009, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=46211:date=Jun 25 2009, 03:44 PM:name=jeffy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jeffy @ Jun 25 2009, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->More on Soto's run in with the reefer:

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Cubs catcher Geovany Soto tested positive for marijuana use during the 2009 World Baseball Classic, and is ineligible to compete in international play for two years. The positive test does not affect his playing time in Major League Baseball with the Cubs.

"I am embarrassed by my lapse in judgement," Soto said in a statement Thursday.

Why the test results were being released now is not clear. Soto has undergone drug testing regularly in his career, and this is the only positive test at any point.

Soto has "assured the Cubs this was an isolated incident and a misstep in judgement that will not be repeated," the team said in a statement.

"While I fully acknowledge my inappropriate behavior, I want to assure my fans and my family that this was an isolated incident," Soto said in his statement. "I do not say this to minimize or deflect from my conduct and I fully understand the ramifications of my actions. I have and will accept any and all consequences."<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well, at least he spoke from the heart. I'll pay a thousand dollars to the charity of his choice if he's ever said the word "Ramifications." ever in his life before this statement.

You really think that those are his words?
that is his point
[Image: lou.jpg]