Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quite a few "Holy Shit" moments in this trailer. Unless you guys are tired of seeing nuclear aircraft carriers rolling over the White House.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z_CxIxM0Khg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z_CxIxM0Khg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
I guess that guy kind of likes making disaster movies.
The only movies I've liked from this Emmerich douche were Stargate and the Patriot. ID was ok, but nothing special. Everything else he's done is pure poop.
Independence Day is one of my favorite movies of all time. I grew up watching B movies, and that's all it was, a B movie with a budget. Basically if your competently show jet fighters attacking space ships, you have me in the palm of your hands.

Godzilla was hugely flawed, but underrated. It's not a great movie by any stretch of the imagination, but it was unfairly criticized IMO. The attack scenes were well done, the military scenes were well done. That being said, Maria Pitillo was a harpy, and the least effective female lead in a movie I've seen in some time. Worse, the entire baby Godzilla subplot was a complete ripoff of Jurassic Park, and completely unnecessary.

The Day after Tomorrow had it's moments, but was nothing special.

10,000 BC blew monkey balls.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
Holy CGI overload batman!
i love disaster movies. i don't care how cheesy they are. this movie is gonna be awesome.
Wang.
I love B movies too, always have, but there is a point where a big budget movie ceases to be intentionally unintentionally funny and crosses the line into farcical corny territory. This is the problem with some of these movies. I prefer big budget spoofs (Mars Attacks) to big budget B movies (ID). It was ok and had its moments, but I think watching it one time was enough for me.
<!--quoteo(post=46186:date=Jun 25 2009, 02:28 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jun 25 2009, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I love B movies too, always have, but there is a point where a big budget movie ceases to be intentionally unintentionally funny and crosses the line into farcical corny territory. This is the problem with some of these movies. I prefer big budget spoofs (Mars Attacks) to big budget B movies (ID). It was ok and had its moments, but I think watching it one time was enough for me.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think we've had this discussion before, but Mars Attacks actually pissed me off I hated it so much.
<!--quoteo(post=46228:date=Jun 25 2009, 03:30 PM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Jun 25 2009, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=46186:date=Jun 25 2009, 02:28 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jun 25 2009, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I love B movies too, always have, but there is a point where a big budget movie ceases to be intentionally unintentionally funny and crosses the line into farcical corny territory. This is the problem with some of these movies. I prefer big budget spoofs (Mars Attacks) to big budget B movies (ID). It was ok and had its moments, but I think watching it one time was enough for me.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think we've had this discussion before, but Mars Attacks actually pissed me off I hated it so much.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I loved Mars Attacks. I laughed from start to finish.
Yeah, we've had this discussion before, so no point in rehashing it. Sorry to bring that up again, and I recall ID being the movie that set it off in that direction then as well.
The movie doesn't look half bad... But the actual "2012" subject...I don't believe a word of it... Just because the Mayans couldn't count to 2013 doesnt mean we'll all die. The idea is scary though...but I don't believe it.
[Image: eaobup.jpg]
That movie looks god awful.
<!--quoteo(post=46228:date=Jun 25 2009, 04:30 PM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Jun 25 2009, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=46186:date=Jun 25 2009, 02:28 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jun 25 2009, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I love B movies too, always have, but there is a point where a big budget movie ceases to be intentionally unintentionally funny and crosses the line into farcical corny territory. This is the problem with some of these movies. I prefer big budget spoofs (Mars Attacks) to big budget B movies (ID). It was ok and had its moments, but I think watching it one time was enough for me.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You're an idiot, and worth very little.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=46616:date=Jun 27 2009, 09:38 AM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Jun 27 2009, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=46228:date=Jun 25 2009, 04:30 PM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Jun 25 2009, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=46186:date=Jun 25 2009, 02:28 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jun 25 2009, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I love B movies too, always have, but there is a point where a big budget movie ceases to be intentionally unintentionally funny and crosses the line into farcical corny territory. This is the problem with some of these movies. I prefer big budget spoofs (Mars Attacks) to big budget B movies (ID). It was ok and had its moments, but I think watching it one time was enough for me.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes, it's sterling "52" rating at metacritic.com shows I'm a lone wolf crying out in the darkness on this.
<!--quoteo(post=46883:date=Jun 28 2009, 11:24 PM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Jun 28 2009, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=46616:date=Jun 27 2009, 09:38 AM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Jun 27 2009, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=46228:date=Jun 25 2009, 04:30 PM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Jun 25 2009, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=46186:date=Jun 25 2009, 02:28 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jun 25 2009, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I love B movies too, always have, but there is a point where a big budget movie ceases to be intentionally unintentionally funny and crosses the line into farcical corny territory. This is the problem with some of these movies. I prefer big budget spoofs (Mars Attacks) to big budget B movies (ID). It was ok and had its moments, but I think watching it one time was enough for me.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes, it's sterling "52" rating at metacritic.com shows I'm a lone wolf crying out in the darkness on this.
52% for Mars Attacks vs 59% for Independence Day isn't such a huge difference. Plus most critics are humorless snobs, so metacritic doesn't do much for me, and neither do tomatometer ratings.