Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs vs classless goat lovers
So what time's the weigh-in for tomorrow's game?
so gregg blows the save and gets the win...
What an ugly fucking win. I'll take it but I don't feel good about it.
<!--quoteo(post=54822:date=Aug 1 2009, 09:35 PM:name=Croz)-->QUOTE (Croz @ Aug 1 2009, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->What an ugly fucking win. I'll take it but I don't feel good about it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'm THRILLED. You lose that game and it's easily the biggest lost of the year, and we're really in trouble in the division with the upcoming schedule just getting more difficult.

The team could've fallen flat on their face after blowing it in the 9th and Lee came right out and gave the Cubs the lead again, followed by a great performance by Heilman.

Gregg was due to blow one as I kept saying before he came in, and we're not in the position we were if Zambrano doesn't exit early. Shark doesn't belong on the team.

Anyway, I'm celebrating. I thought for sure we had lost.
@TheBlogfines
Shark needs to go away, and he also needs to start pondering his life after baseball.

I hope Z and ARam are ok. This was a brutal night.
<!--quoteo(post=54831:date=Aug 1 2009, 09:59 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Aug 1 2009, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Shark needs to go away, and<b> he also needs to start pondering his life after baseball.</b>

I hope Z and ARam are ok. This was a brutal night.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'd love to see him at WR for the Bears right now.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=54832:date=Aug 1 2009, 09:01 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Aug 1 2009, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=54831:date=Aug 1 2009, 09:59 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Aug 1 2009, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Shark needs to go away, and<b> he also needs to start pondering his life after baseball.</b>

I hope Z and ARam are ok. This was a brutal night.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He only chose baseball because of the insane contract they gave him. A guaranteed deal, signing bonus and NTC. He wasn't gonna get that in the NFL.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
<!--quoteo(post=54832:date=Aug 1 2009, 11:01 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Aug 1 2009, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=54831:date=Aug 1 2009, 09:59 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Aug 1 2009, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Shark needs to go away, and<b> he also needs to start pondering his life after baseball.</b>

That actually isn't such a crazy suggestion. We could do a lot worse there.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->“Thank God they didn’t hit me a groundball,” Soriano said, “because I didn’t know what was going to happen.”<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=54854:date=Aug 2 2009, 12:20 AM:name=Brock)-->QUOTE (Brock @ Aug 2 2009, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->"Thank God they didn't hit me a groundball," Soriano said, "because I didn't know what was going to happen."<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm pretty sure he would have:

A - Been a deer in headlights

B - Have a brown streak in the seat of his pants
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

Reading through this thread was funny. Man...take all of the emotion and frustration in this thread and add in an extremely drunk, semi-hostile (and sometimes outright hostile) crowd with a bunch of moronic Cubs and Marlins fans yelling at each other and this thread captures what it was like at Landshark stadium.

Quote of the night -- "How would you like it if I SLAPPED YOUR WIFE?!"

That was a Marlins fan talking to a Cubs fan. Good times.