Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Homme, Dave Grohl and John Paul Jones
No shit, I was bartending last Thursday and I decided to drink coffee all night instead of having a few beers and feeling shitty the next day for work. I ended up drinking a pot and a half all night and since I never drink coffee I had to quit by about 9:00 as my heart felt like it was going to beat out of my chest. I figured I should probably stop at 9:00 so I could get to sleep that night and the last time I remember looking at my clock it said 6:15 a.m. and the alarm went off 15 minutes later. Needless to say I won't be doing that again! Nothing like going to work with less than 1 hour of sleep!
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
Currently you can download the entire album through Amazon for $2.99.

Linky
I got nothin'.

Andy
<!--quoteo(post=83551:date=Mar 21 2010, 10:37 AM:name=Andy)-->QUOTE (Andy @ Mar 21 2010, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Currently you can download the entire album through Amazon for $2.99.

Linky<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Wow. That is kick ass. Thanks for the heads up, Andy.
So yeah... Saw TCV at the Fillmore in Denver last night. Stood right in the sweet spot about 15' or so in front of the soundboard. I've got a nasty case of tinnitus this morning. I wish I would have worn ear plugs... they were loud as fuck. They also played 3 or 4 new songs, and improvised a hell of a lot more than I was expecting. Awesome show. The opening band, Mini Mansions, featuring Michael Schuman the bass player for QOTSA, were pretty good too.
<!--quoteo(post=91144:date=Apr 20 2010, 09:26 AM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Apr 20 2010, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So yeah... Saw TCV at the Fillmore in Denver last night. Stood right in the sweet spot about 15' or so in front of the soundboard. I've got a nasty case of tinnitus this morning. I wish I would have worn ear plugs... they were loud as fuck. They also played 3 or 4 new songs, and improvised a hell of a lot more than I was expecting. Awesome show. The opening band, Mini Mansions, featuring Michael Schuman the bass player for QOTSA, were pretty good too.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Sounds like a blast.

I'd really love to see them live at some point.
<!--quoteo(post=91285:date=Apr 20 2010, 02:00 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 20 2010, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91144:date=Apr 20 2010, 09:26 AM:name=ColoradoCub)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Apr 20 2010, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So yeah... Saw TCV at the Fillmore in Denver last night. Stood right in the sweet spot about 15' or so in front of the soundboard. I've got a nasty case of tinnitus this morning. I wish I would have worn ear plugs... they were loud as fuck. They also played 3 or 4 new songs, and improvised a hell of a lot more than I was expecting. Awesome show. The opening band, Mini Mansions, featuring Michael Schuman the bass player for QOTSA, were pretty good too.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Sounds like a blast.

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You really should. I thought they were playing Chicago soon too? They played for a full 2 hours. John Paul Jones played several different basses, a mandolin, a violin on one of the new songs, keyboards, and the keytar thing. Scumbag Blues featured a 10 min. jam or so, and was definitely one of the highlights. Dave Grohl was doing his best animal impersonation on the drums all night, and Josh was taking swigs from a vodka bottle all night... he was wasted towards the end. Alain Johannes is the unwritten hero of the band though. He filled in on bass admirably whenever JPJ was playing something other than bass in addition to his rhythm and slide guitar playing. Mini Mansions did a cover of Heart of Glass by Blondie that was interesting... They're not going to be everyone's cup of tea, and initially I was turned off by them, but they got better as they got going.
<!--quoteo(post=91289:date=Apr 20 2010, 03:23 PM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Apr 20 2010, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91285:date=Apr 20 2010, 02:00 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 20 2010, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=91144:date=Apr 20 2010, 09:26 AM:name=ColoradoCub)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Apr 20 2010, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So yeah... Saw TCV at the Fillmore in Denver last night. Stood right in the sweet spot about 15' or so in front of the soundboard. I've got a nasty case of tinnitus this morning. I wish I would have worn ear plugs... they were loud as fuck. They also played 3 or 4 new songs, and improvised a hell of a lot more than I was expecting. Awesome show. The opening band, Mini Mansions, featuring Michael Schuman the bass player for QOTSA, were pretty good too.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Sounds like a blast.

You really should. I thought they were playing Chicago soon too? They played for a full 2 hours. John Paul Jones played several different basses, a mandolin, a violin on one of the new songs, keyboards, and the keytar thing. Scumbag Blues featured a 10 min. jam or so, and was definitely one of the highlights. Dave Grohl was doing his best animal impersonation on the drums all night, and Josh was taking swigs from a vodka bottle all night... he was wasted towards the end. Alain Johannes is the unwritten hero of the band though. He filled in on bass admirably whenever JPJ was playing something other than bass in addition to his rhythm and slide guitar playing. Mini Mansions did a cover of Heart of Glass by Blondie that was interesting... They're not going to be everyone's cup of tea, and initially I was turned off by them, but they got better as they got going.
They'll be in Chicago on May 18. I should probably move quickly...
I can't emphasize ear plugs enough... my ears are still ringing over 16 hours later.