Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Lynch & Werner Herzog Collaboration
"My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done" is the name of the movie. I know, it just rolls off the tongue. A while back Hollywood insiders assumed this was going to be a horror movie, but apparently this is based on some real events where a son brutally murders his mother and then takes a bunch of people hostage as the police try to arrest him.

This is a really shitty trailer, almost of spoof quality, but this could turn into something awesome. Michael Shannon is one of my favorite actors right now and it is second nature for him to be playing a mentally unhinged person. Perfect choice for the lead. Defoe and Sevigny make a lot of sense as well. I truly hope this doesn't suck.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w0NzJxT6PL8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w0NzJxT6PL8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
Um...the might really, really suck.

I'm hoping it doesn't.

As long is the movie isn't half as bad as the trailer I think we're ok.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
<!--quoteo(post=58551:date=Aug 18 2009, 11:37 AM:name=bz)-->QUOTE (bz @ Aug 18 2009, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Um...the might really, really suck.

I'm hoping it doesn't.

As long is the movie isn't half as bad as the trailer I think we're ok.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah, that's one of the worst trailers I've ever seen for a serious film. If it weren't for the people involved, I never would have posted it in the first place.

Or it could turn into the greatest unintentionally bad film of all time.
Sure, the trailer is pretty bad, but it looks like it has potential at least.
i thought it looked good. what was wrong with it?
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=58655:date=Aug 18 2009, 04:08 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Aug 18 2009, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->i thought it looked good. what was wrong with it?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Just the choppy editing and cheesy narrator guy. I think the movie still looks promising despite all that.
Michael Shannon = Adam Morrison
Well, this sucked.

The best parts were Shannon saying "razzle dazzle" throughout the film. Other than that, this is one odd little film that wastes good actors on an intentionally sub-par script. Aside from a handful of mildly humorous awkward moments and several non-sequitors (mostly of the musical variety) that are insanely out of place and just extend the film by 15 minutes or so, this is a fairly forgettable b-level police drama drenched in weirdness.