Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Final Destination" Trivia, Pt. 1
I'm bored with the Cubs Flopapalooza, so I thought I'd create a little nerdy fun. Listed below are ten major leaguers whose careers ended when most of us here were watching ball. Oftentimes--in this day and age of protracted careers--after achieving greatness (or very goodness) the players will limp out to pasture playing for any team willing to give them a shot. How many "final destinations" can you name without looking them up? Answers below, underneath spoiler bar.

1. Jack Morris
2. Tom Seaver
3. Lance Parrish
4. Gaylord Perry
5. Andre Dawson
6. Dave Winfield
7. Steve Carlton
8. Dale Murphy
9. Gary Carter
10. Dennis Eckersley

1.Cleveland 2.Boston (traded from White Sox for Steve "Psycho" Lyons mid-sesaon) 3.Toronto 4.Kansas City (signed in July of '83 after being released earlier in the season by the Mariners) 5.Florida 6.Cleveland 7.Minnesota 8.Colorado 9.Montreal (Aha! Tricky! Picked up for the '92 season after one-year stints in San Fran and LA) 10.Boston
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

pretty sure dawson finished in florida, seaver with the white sox, murphy in colorado and i think i know some of the others but am unsure so won't guess.
Wang.
ok, wrong on seaver but would have been right on carter. the rest i would have been wrong on.
Wang.
Thanks, tom. I forgot to put the same note on Seaver that I had on Perry, since the last team for both was the result of a mid-season switch. I didn't remember Carter at all, and I don't remember Carlton's time with his last team, although it was short too.
--Veryzer

Man it's been a long time. I only knew Dawson.
I got nothin'.

Andy
1.Cleveland 2.Boston (traded from White Sox for Steve "Psycho" Lyons mid-sesaon) 3.Toronto 4.Kansas City (signed in July of '83 after being released earlier in the season by the Mariners) 5.Florida 6.Cleveland 7.Minnesota 8.Colorado 9.Montreal (Aha! Tricky! Picked up for the '92 season after one-years stints in San Fran and LA) 10.Boston

How did I do?
<!--quoteo(post=59365:date=Aug 21 2009, 04:03 PM:name=The Dude)-->QUOTE (The Dude @ Aug 21 2009, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->1.Cleveland 2.Boston (traded from White Sox for Steve "Psycho" Lyons mid-sesaon) 3.Toronto 4.Kansas City (signed in July of '83 after being released earlier in the season by the Mariners) 5.Florida 6.Cleveland 7.Minnesota 8.Colorado 9.Montreal (Aha! Tricky! Picked up for the '92 season after one-years stints in San Fran and LA) 10.Boston

How did I do?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Not bad, not bad. But you made "one-year" plural . . . [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/devil.gif[/img]
--Veryzer