Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Another Michael Bay produced remake.

A Nightmare on Elm Street
Blah, unoriginal bastards.
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
The only reason this has me interested (and mind you I haven't watched a single Bay-produced horror remake yet), is the lead being played by Jackie Earle Haley. I thought the trailer was pretty below average though, so I don't have very high expectations at all.
i love that actor and when i was young freddy was where it was at. those movies were by far my favorites over the others. with my friends you were a jason fan or a freddy fan and i was all about freddy. that said, i'm holding out hope that it will be good but probably not.
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
I'd love it if this turned out well. Nightmare is by far my favorite horror series.

But I'm skeptical to say the least.

By the way, it's not really part of the series, but if you've never seen Wes Craven's New Nightmare, you should check it out. It's quite a mindfuck.
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Why didn't they cast Johnny Depp?
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
<!--quoteo(post=65662:date=Oct 6 2009, 03:55 PM:name=bz)-->QUOTE (bz @ Oct 6 2009, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Why didn't they cast Johnny Depp?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

He belongs to Tim Burton.
<!--quoteo(post=65522:date=Oct 6 2009, 11:08 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Oct 6 2009, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The only reason this has me interested (and mind you I haven't watched a single Bay-produced horror remake yet), is the lead being played by Jackie Earle Haley. I thought the trailer was pretty below average though, so I don't have very high expectations at all.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm guessing Haley's character in Little Children will be more scary than his Freddy.
he was pretty intimidating in bad news bears as well so you never know
this is a movie that needs to be remade. i saw the original a few months ago and man is it dated. now i'm not saying it won't suck, but it could be good.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=65678:date=Oct 6 2009, 06:07 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Oct 6 2009, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->this is a movie that needs to be remade. i saw the original a few months ago and man is it dated. now i'm not saying it won't suck, but it could be good.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Sure, it's dated, but it had that creepy 80s borderline b-movie feel to it, and the supporting cast was perfect. The fx are kind of laughable by today's standards, but I can't imagine that Englund's wisecracking corny one-liners can be duplicated and have the same effect in this new one. Bay's sense of humor is pretty lame.

I couldn't sleep comfortably for days when I first watched it, yet it was enjoyable on so many levels. I can't imagine saying that about anything that Bay has touched, but maybe there's a first time for everything. I can't argue with the choice for the new Freddy, but man, I dunno, that was a weak trailer.
welcome to prime time, bitch! freddy was so badass
On a related note, and I know that I've mentioned it a few times already, but Hellraiser is also being remade. That is also very dated, but still an exceptional film for its time given that it was a small budget picture, and extremely original in its own right. If the director from the French horror film Martyrs hadn't been hand picked to handle that remake, I'd be as appalled as I was when I heard about the Elm Street remake. What's also cool about that project is that it is supposed to be more true to the short story by Clive Barker for which the movie is based, The Hellbound Heart, which is quite a bit different from how the original movie turned out. That, to me, is at least an honest reason to remake a film, so I don't have a problem with it.
This song has been in my head ever since I posted this thread.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LOIFrYpmWe8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LOIFrYpmWe8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
<!--quoteo(post=65690:date=Oct 6 2009, 07:03 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Oct 6 2009, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=65678:date=Oct 6 2009, 06:07 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Oct 6 2009, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->this is a movie that needs to be remade. i saw the original a few months ago and man is it dated. now i'm not saying it won't suck, but it could be good.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Sure, it's dated, but it had that creepy 80s borderline b-movie feel to it, and the supporting cast was perfect. The fx are kind of laughable by today's standards, but I can't imagine that Englund's wisecracking corny one-liners can be duplicated and have the same effect in this new one. Bay's sense of humor is pretty lame.

I couldn't sleep comfortably for days when I first watched it, yet it was enjoyable on so many levels. I can't imagine saying that about anything that Bay has touched, but maybe there's a first time for everything. I can't argue with the choice for the new Freddy, but man, I dunno, that was a weak trailer.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i agree with you that at the time it came out, it was great. scary as shit. but now it just seems so cheesy.
Wang.