Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
20 Things that Make You Look Like a Sports Doofus
<!--quoteo(post=68540:date=Nov 8 2009, 11:16 PM:name=MrSheps)-->QUOTE (MrSheps @ Nov 8 2009, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=68296:date=Nov 5 2009, 12:53 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Nov 5 2009, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I wear my Cubs hat almost every day.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I don't think hats count the same way.

I'm not a big fan of jerseys or the typical sports team clothing myself, but I have no issue with them if other people like them. There was this clothing store out here called Moonlight Graham that also opened a store in Lincoln Park. Not sure if it's still open there, the original one here moved to a pretty trendy area on melrose and eventually closed down. Anyway, the owner is a Cubs fan and they make sports team clothing that's sorta designed to look retro and stylish, but also not make you stick out as "that guy" in the bulls jersey if you're at the grocery store. They seemed to be doing really well for awhile and were even selling some designs on MLB.com, though lately I haven't seen there stuff as much. Anyway, worth checking out if you want a Cubs shirt that thousands of other people won't be wearing at the game, and that won't draw too much attention to you in normal life.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Most of my Cubs shirts are from that label. I dig the retro designs.
In a fit of madness I bought one of the current style dugout jackets (just like Lou Pinella wears!).

It's turned out to be one of the best garments I've ever owned. It's impervious to wind and is just warm enough that it's still the warmest thing I've had on and probably will be till the temp goes below 25 degrees.

The doofus factor doesn't bother me. I'm viewed as an iconoclast and wearing Cubs in Kansas, as opposed to band-wagoning for some champion pretty much says "fuck it...I don't care what you think."

I look forward to the day when we've won a few WS and everyone thinks I'm just jumping on like every dick in a Red Sox hat around here is now.
#12 is way off base. I have a Cubs tattoo. You know what that means. That means that this streak could hit 175 years and I'm still a fan. There is no way, without costly surgery, that I could ever jump off this bandwagon of misery.

And I wear a bears jersey every Sunday during the season, and a cubs hat all summer long.
<!--quoteo(post=70222:date=Nov 27 2009, 10:21 AM:name=vitaminB)-->QUOTE (vitaminB @ Nov 27 2009, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->#12 is way off base. I have a Cubs tattoo. You know what that means. That means that this streak could hit 175 years and I'm still a fan. There is no way, without costly surgery, that I could ever jump off this bandwagon of misery.

And I wear a bears jersey every Sunday during the season, and a cubs hat all summer long.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'm in the same boat, except I wear a Cowboys jersey.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=70231:date=Nov 27 2009, 03:50 PM:name=PcB)-->QUOTE (PcB @ Nov 27 2009, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=70222:date=Nov 27 2009, 10:21 AM:name=vitaminB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vitaminB @ Nov 27 2009, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->#12 is way off base. I have a Cubs tattoo. You know what that means. That means that this streak could hit 175 years and I'm still a fan. There is no way, without costly surgery, that I could ever jump off this bandwagon of misery.

And I wear a bears jersey every Sunday during the season, and a cubs hat all summer long.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'm in the same boat, except I wear a Cowboys jersey.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Fag.
Wang.