Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non-tenders
It is interesting seeing how many more players are being non-tendered in the last few years. This also goes along with the increasing number of free agents who are not being offered arbitration when their contracts expire. Today is the deadline for non fre agents to be offered arbitration, and there are already some interesting names who are free agents as of today.

Chien-Ming Wang from the Yankees, coming off of an injury but was dominant in the AL east when he was healthy.

Kelly Johnson, and Ryan Church from the Braaves. Church would make an ideal 4th outfielder, and Johnson can play the outfield and second base. Has had a couple of decent seasons in the past.
"Drink Up and Beat Off!"
-KBWSB

"Will I be looked on poorly if my religion involved punting little people?"
-Jody
Add Jonny Gomes from Cincy. Big time right handed power.
"Drink Up and Beat Off!"
-KBWSB

-Jody
Neal Cotts says good bye.
"Drink Up and Beat Off!"
-KBWSB

-Jody
How about we sign Wang, Johnson, Church, and Cameron, trade Bradley for a bucket of balls, and call it an offseason?
<!--quoteo(post=71493:date=Dec 12 2009, 06:06 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 12 2009, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->How about we sign Wang, Johnson, Church, and Cameron, trade Bradley for a bucket of balls, and call it an offseason?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Individually, none of those guys excites me (except Wang), but collectively, I could live with it.
Wang.
So you are saying we need a Wang AND a Johnson?
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=71495:date=Dec 12 2009, 06:16 PM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Dec 12 2009, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So you are saying we need a Wang AND a Johnson?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You need two to turn a DP.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=71497:date=Dec 12 2009, 05:19 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Dec 12 2009, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=71495:date=Dec 12 2009, 06:16 PM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Dec 12 2009, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So you are saying we need a Wang AND a Johnson?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
@TheBlogfines
Brian Anderson is cut loose by Boston.
"Drink Up and Beat Off!"
-KBWSB

-Jody
If he's healthy and the Cubs sign him, Wang's sinker would really help teams exploit our crappy middle infield defense.
<!--quoteo(post=71497:date=Dec 12 2009, 06:19 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Dec 12 2009, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=71495:date=Dec 12 2009, 06:16 PM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Dec 12 2009, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So you are saying we need a Wang AND a Johnson?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well played sir!
I'd love to give Wang a try.
I'm sure you have.
"Drink Up and Beat Off!"
-KBWSB

-Jody
Do you get a free bowl of soup with that hat?
The Pirates non-tendered Matt Capps, according to Sullivan, the Cubs are interested.