Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replays and Stats via Smart Phones
This is from a little while ago, but interesting:

Article

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->If you can't go big, go small. Kenney said the Cubs are looking at the possibility of installing an intranet at Wrigley for fans carrying iPhones and other smartphones, giving them access to stats and instant replays. He said San Francisco and San Diego are among the organizations with technology giving fans at the ballparks access to game information on handheld devices.
The historic centerfield scoreboard has no room for video replay, and is landmarked anyways and can't be touched.
"We know there is a little bit of an information desert at Wrigley that doesn't exist anywhere elsewhere, and we are going to tackle it in other ways," he said. "But I don't know if we'll do a Jumbotron."
There's been no decision on whether the Cubs would have the intranet in place for the 2010 season. But changes are coming to Wrigley Field, as the Ricketts family has said all along.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I got nothin'.

Andy
I think it's a great idea. Everyone is dicking around on their phones during the game anyway. Give them access to instant replays/stats/etc. and there's no need for a jumbotron.
I think they should make Ronnie Woo Woo a bathroom attendant. Instead of "woo woo" he can say "wee wee".
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

I already have a jumbotron in my pocket but I'd be happy to see this.
Put a jumbotron on top the Horseshoe building [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=72507:date=Dec 19 2009, 09:22 PM:name=Runnys)-->QUOTE (Runnys @ Dec 19 2009, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Put a jumbotron on top the Horseshoe building [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'd be more than fine with that.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=72507:date=Dec 19 2009, 09:22 PM:name=Runnys)-->QUOTE (Runnys @ Dec 19 2009, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Put a jumbotron on top the Horseshoe building [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I've been saying this for months. I think the plywood in RF is a play towards this happening. Ricketts wants to buy the building or lease the rooftop. The obstruction he had put up is a means to force the owner to the table.
duplicate posts are weird
<!--quoteo(post=72523:date=Dec 20 2009, 08:04 AM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Dec 20 2009, 08:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=72507:date=Dec 19 2009, 09:22 PM:name=Runnys)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Runnys @ Dec 19 2009, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Put a jumbotron on top the Horseshoe building [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I've been saying this for months. I think the plywood in RF is a play towards this happening. Ricketts wants to buy the building or lease the rooftop. The obstruction he had put up is a means to force the owner to the table.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The Horseshoe building is in LF [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=72536:date=Dec 20 2009, 11:50 AM:name=Runnys)-->QUOTE (Runnys @ Dec 20 2009, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=72523:date=Dec 20 2009, 08:04 AM:name=jstraw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jstraw @ Dec 20 2009, 08:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=72507:date=Dec 19 2009, 09:22 PM:name=Runnys)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Runnys @ Dec 19 2009, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Put a jumbotron on top the Horseshoe building [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The Horseshoe building is in LF [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

What the fuck ever...the plywood blocks it.

I've been saying that since 2003.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
<!--quoteo(post=72648:date=Dec 21 2009, 10:35 AM:name=bz)-->QUOTE (bz @ Dec 21 2009, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=72507:date=Dec 19 2009, 09:22 PM:name=Runnys)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Runnys @ Dec 19 2009, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Put a jumbotron on top the Horseshoe building [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, me too. Well maybe not since 03, but I'm with you, I have loved the idea for awhile. It's a nice way to bring in the new without taking away from the traditional.
<!--quoteo(post=72655:date=Dec 21 2009, 02:09 PM:name=MrSheps)-->QUOTE (MrSheps @ Dec 21 2009, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=72648:date=Dec 21 2009, 10:35 AM:name=bz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bz @ Dec 21 2009, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=72507:date=Dec 19 2009, 09:22 PM:name=Runnys)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Runnys @ Dec 19 2009, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Put a jumbotron on top the Horseshoe building [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, me too. Well maybe not since 03, but I'm with you, I have loved the idea for awhile. It's a nice way to bring in the new without taking away from the traditional.
Absolutely. If the Ricketts install a low-key jumbotron across the street and tie it in with the smart phone alerts idea, those would be huge revenue generators.

At the same time, I wonder how difficult it would be to get the neighborhood to agree to inserting a massive screen on a side street. I would imagine some locals would be pissed for whatever reason.
The technology is moving so fast with LEDs, movable surfaces, etc. that there could be screens that rise up from Waveland and Sheffield that are only up and in place during games. Some sort of telescoping, collapsible superstructure with thin and light LED panels.

I suppose they'd have to consider placement so as not to interfere with the Wrigley roof revenue.
This would be really cool because I have a iphone. But I don't live to close to chicago!