Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let me just say - go see it. But go see it in 3D...Only way to see it... If you don't want to get too over hyped, don't read on...

Ok... I fucking loved this movie. Easily the best movie of 2009 and easily in my top 3 movies of all time. It was a cinematic masterpiece, James Cameron at his finest. He could have easily gone ahead and do a George Lucas and have the special effects run a movie with no storyline or plot. But the main reason I loved the movie is because of the story and how I lost myself in it. I sat down to watch the movie at 9pm and when the final credits were rolling it read past midnight. But my initial reaction was "fuck me, it can't be midnight!". In the 3 hours, I did not look at my watch once nor did I think, "fuck this is a long movie". In fact, I didn't want the movie to end and the only time I was disappointed with the movie was the fact that it did!

Now, I was sceptical about the whole 3d thing and truth to be told, it was hard at first to get used to. But once I did, it was just truely amazing and at times you find that you are right there in the forest of Pandora.

Yes there is a cheesiness factor in parts, but who the fuck cares as everything was just blowing your bollocks right off. I thought the casting was spot on and yes I am biased with Sam Worthington being an Aussie. But he did a great job as were strong performances by Sigourney Weaver and the Colonel played by the bad guy from the James Woods/Michael J Fox classic, "The Hard Way". But ironically its probably Zoe Saldana (Uhura in the new Star Trek) who plays the 100% CGI alien who steals the show.

I could go on, but I can't be fucked so just read Harry Knowles review as he sums it up pretty much the way I think - Link

You will either love it like me or probably think its unoriginal and shithouse.

10 out of 5 stars
The prospect of spending three hours reading Na'vi subtitles presented in Papyrus is a deal breaker for me.

No, I'm not kidding.

I fucking hate that font.
I also saw it at the imax and it was the joint. Basically it was Dances with Wolves set in the future, but I fucking loved every minute of it. There was honestly not shit 3 or 4 times I actually lost myself in the movie and found myself smiling like a little kid. The finest cinematic experience of my life. I'm going to spend another $17 to see it again in a few weeks.
going to go see it today. the non-3d version
[Image: lou.jpg]
<!--quoteo(post=72529:date=Dec 20 2009, 12:02 PM:name=Mikey)-->QUOTE (Mikey @ Dec 20 2009, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->going to go see it today. the non-3d version<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

give in and see it in imax
Hmm, I wasn't sure about this one. I think I'll go see it next week during the long 4 day weekend.
I probably will travel to the city and re-watch it in IMAX.
You couldn't pay me to watch this movie.
<!--quoteo(post=72572:date=Dec 20 2009, 06:54 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Dec 20 2009, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->You couldn't pay me to watch this movie.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Just a bit curious why?
I'll admit that nothing I've seen or heard made me want to see it, but I'm still curious. I haven't liked anything from Cameron for close to 20 years.
it was alright, but very long. my ass is still hurting. the visual effects WERE amazing. you know that it is CGI, but it doesn't look like it.
[Image: lou.jpg]
<!--quoteo(post=72590:date=Dec 20 2009, 07:56 PM:name=Mikey)-->QUOTE (Mikey @ Dec 20 2009, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->i was alright. long. my ass is still hurting.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Anybody?
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=72573:date=Dec 20 2009, 05:55 PM:name=dvdastud)-->QUOTE (dvdastud @ Dec 20 2009, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=72572:date=Dec 20 2009, 06:54 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Dec 20 2009, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->You couldn't pay me to watch this movie.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Just a bit curious why?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Pretty much what rok said -- except the curious part.
<!--quoteo(post=72613:date=Dec 20 2009, 11:09 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Dec 20 2009, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=72573:date=Dec 20 2009, 05:55 PM:name=dvdastud)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dvdastud @ Dec 20 2009, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=72572:date=Dec 20 2009, 06:54 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Dec 20 2009, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->You couldn't pay me to watch this movie.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Just a bit curious why?
Pretty much what rok said -- except the curious part.

AND you hate Papyrus...right?!
<!--quoteo(post=72521:date=Dec 20 2009, 08:59 AM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Dec 20 2009, 08:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The prospect of spending three hours reading Na'vi subtitles presented in Papyrus is a deal breaker for me.

No, I'm not kidding.

I fucking hate that font.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

How the hell did you even find out that there's subtitles in Papyrus font? I wouldn't really expect anyone to go out of their way to tell you unless they knew Papyrus killed your father... and raped your mother.