Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lala.com
Anyone try this? It's sort of similar to Pandora, but based more on social networking. I guess Apple just acquired them. This kind of model could be the new basis for the next generation of iTunes.

Anyway, if you sign up you can connect via Facebook. I'm still trying to figure it out, but it seems pretty cool.
It looks like you can upload your mp3 library from your computer to the LaLa music cloud, so you can access it from any computer. My guess is that you'll eventually be able to do this with your iPhone...
It says you like my music... I think lala lies.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=77489:date=Jan 26 2010, 05:36 PM:name=PcB)-->QUOTE (PcB @ Jan 26 2010, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->It says you like my music... I think lala lies.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I haven't even looked at your music. lala DOES lie!
I've used this before to listen to music, but that's all I've done with it.

I'm trying to install and use the program that uploads your music to the site but it's just sitting there saying it's trying to match the 1799 songs found on my computer and isn't doing anything.
<!--quoteo(post=77510:date=Jan 26 2010, 06:14 PM:name=Brock)-->QUOTE (Brock @ Jan 26 2010, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I've used this before to listen to music, but that's all I've done with it.

I'm trying to install and use the program that uploads your music to the site but it's just sitting there saying it's trying to match the 1799 songs found on my computer and isn't doing anything.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That's what it's doing to mine right now. It's matched one song and the program has been running for half an hour. Now it's just sitting there saying it's standing by.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
Interesting. I'm going to check it out for sure. I love Pandora, and have been using it a ton since I got my iphone... It would be kind of cool to have my whole library out there in the "cloud", though I imagine it's going to take a week to upload the 23,000 or so mp3's in my library.
Well, it's working for me at least... 165 uploads so far, so I guess a week is about right.
Yeah mine started working after I retried it too. 1400 of the 1799 done after 3 + hrs, not bad.
My 200,000 files are staying on my Drobo.
Got curious...signed up. Dragged one album with 15 files to the designated folder and rescanned the folder. It uploaded 8 of the files. I rescanned the folder again and no change.

Epic fail.
Kelly Clarkson? Why?

- Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=77658:date=Jan 27 2010, 01:07 PM:name=PcB)-->QUOTE (PcB @ Jan 27 2010, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Kelly Clarkson? Why?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Who is listening to Kelly Clarkson?
By the way, I ran the music uploader thing before I left for work this morning. I have over 1,000 songs on there now...
<!--quoteo(post=77658:date=Jan 27 2010, 01:07 PM:name=PcB)-->QUOTE (PcB @ Jan 27 2010, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Kelly Clarkson? Why?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If you're referring to my list, it's because it's not all my music. It's mine and my wife's. I have stuff that runs the board. From kids music to metal to musicals to hip hop. Whatever caught my fancy at the time.
I got nothin'.

Andy