Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Fan
Just watched Big Fan on Netflix last night. Patton Oswalt turned in a pretty solid performance in a dramatic role.

The overall message will hit pretty close to home to most folks here (it did for me, at least). It's definitely worth checking out 3.5/5 stars.
It was really good. Sadly but true there are people in the world like this guy.
It was pretty interesting simply because it had two different story lines going. Obviously how he deals with his altercation, but also how he deals with his family and how we view the "normal" things people should want in life.

Not spectacular, but definitely interesting. Kinda makes yeah wonder how Bartman must have felt about the newspaper that gave his info out.
I got nothin'.

Andy
I echo Butcher's and Andy's words. Too many people like this around, and half the time I wasn't sure whether I should feel compassion for Paul or look down on his pathetic life. I kind of saw the ending coming, but it was very appropriate. They could have gone even darker, but I think it was done just right. Reminded me somewhat of late 70s/early 80s Scorsese in subject matter. The outcast with no place in the real world, so instead of trying carve out his own place in society, he simply lives vicariously through someone or something else. The fact that Paul ended up exerting more influence over his team's performance than he had ever imagined possible, after the incident, and he saw this as both empowering and a test of his team loyalty, was quite disturbing to me. It made me wonder how I would act in a similar situation.

3.5/5 stars