Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edmonds
It looks like the Brewers may end up signing him. Hopefully he looks like the Padres version of Jimmy Baseball, not the Cubs version.
I got nothin'.

Andy
As good as he was for us, he faded down the stretch. I hope what he did for us was his last hurrah.
They did sign him
<!--quoteo(post=77904:date=Jan 28 2010, 02:06 PM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Jan 28 2010, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->They did sign him<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
To a major league deal?
Just perfect. I can go back to hating him with all my heart and soul!
<!--quoteo(post=77912:date=Jan 28 2010, 01:54 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jan 28 2010, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=77904:date=Jan 28 2010, 02:06 PM:name=ColoradoCub)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Jan 28 2010, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->They did sign him<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
To a major league deal?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No
Just stupid. He was already done when we let him go, and then he is out of baseball for a season. Yeah, this has comeback player of the year written all over it. I hope all of these signings blow up in the Brewers' faces, though this one won't cost them much.
I wonder if that "Shitcago Cunts" guy will make a new video about this.
Interesting move...
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/08/reds...im-edmonds.html
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Reds Acquire Jim Edmonds
By Tim Dierkes [August 9, 2010 at 12:24pm CST]

The Reds acquired Jim Edmonds from the Brewers for outfielder Chris Dickerson, according to the team. Reds GM Walt Jocketty continues to reacquire favorites from his time with the Cardinals. Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel tweets that the Reds won the claim on Edmonds despite another team making an attempt. That means the Phillies, Cardinals, and Giants passed. Jocketty and Brewers GM Doug Melvin matched up on a trade exactly one year ago, when the Brewers purchased David Weathers from the Reds.

Edmonds, 40, sat out 2009 and signed a minor league deal with the Brewers in January. He hasn't shown much rust, hitting .286/.350/.493 in 240 plate appearances. Edmonds has been shielded from lefties somewhat, but he'll make a nice complement to right-handed bats like Jonny Gomes and Drew Stubbs.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'm a little stunned at Edmonds's decent numbers. Being 40, and having sat out a full season? I would not have imagined that he'd be an above-average MLB hitter this year.

He's put together quite a career. I know it sounds absurd at first, but if you think about it, he actually has a longshot HOF chance.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
He is on the DL.
I like you guys a lot.