Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Triangle
I'm always hesitant to recommend many low budget horror/thrillers because there is so much garbage out there, but I thoroughly enjoyed this one. If you are drawn to movies like Memento and Timecrimes, where time and perception could be considered lead characters all by themselves, then you may enjoy this too. I don't want to oversell this movie, because it isn't perfect by any means. This movie is cheaply made, especially some of the FX at sea, and much of the acting isn't all that impressive, even from Melissa George the lead, but the story is what holds it all together. I didn't feel cheated at any point in the film, and the ending fit the nature of the story perfectly. I also felt the action/violence aspects were handled very realistically and efficiently.

And I forgot to add that the writer/director, Christopher Smith, made another film a few years ago that I also enjoyed quite a bit, called Severance. He is definitely one to watch.

Anyway 3.5/5 stars.
Adding it to my Netflix queue now...
me too
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
I'll watch anything you suggest. It's on my queue as well.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
Saw it and liked it quite a bit. However, I have a few spoilerish questions, so read no further if you don't want spoilers.

------seriously, spoilers to follow. Don't look any further if you haven't seen the movie. I'd specifically tell Tom, but he doesn't live here anymore-------------

-Since there was a stack of dead birds at the end, shouldn't there be an endless stack of crashed cars?
-Why were there a pile of annoying wife bodies, but the writing on the mirror apparently disappeared?
- Since there were a stack of annoying wife bodies, shouldn't there be dozens of living Melissa George's running around? And wouldn't that be totally awesome?
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=82474:date=Mar 12 2010, 10:21 AM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Mar 12 2010, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Saw it and liked it quite a bit. However, I have a few spoilerish questions, so read no further if you don't want spoilers.

------seriously, spoilers to follow. Don't look any further if you haven't seen the movie. I'd specifically tell Tom, but he doesn't live here anymore-------------

-Since there was a stack of dead birds at the end, shouldn't there be an endless stack of crashed cars?
-Why were there a pile of annoying wife bodies, but the writing on the mirror apparently disappeared?
- Since there were a stack of annoying wife bodies, shouldn't there be dozens of living Melissa George's running around? And wouldn't that be totally awesome?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

-----------------------------More spoilers-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The only question that really matters is the 3rd one. That is the kind of world in which I want to live. But anyway, didn't she always toss herself into the sea at the end of each loop?

But seriously, I asked myself the same questions as you, but it hurts my head if I think about the many possibilities/outcomes for too long. But maybe there are no right/wrong explanations because it is possible that this alternate reality is just that, not really intended to make perfect chronological sense. Or at least that's what I tell myself so that my brain doesn't hurt.
<!--quoteo(post=82489:date=Mar 12 2010, 11:29 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Mar 12 2010, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=82474:date=Mar 12 2010, 10:21 AM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Mar 12 2010, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Saw it and liked it quite a bit. However, I have a few spoilerish questions, so read no further if you don't want spoilers.

- Since there were a stack of annoying wife bodies, shouldn't there be dozens of living Melissa George's running around? And wouldn't that be totally awesome?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

-----------------------------More spoilers-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The only question that really matters is the 3rd one. That is the kind of world in which I want to live. But anyway, didn't she always toss herself into the sea at the end of each loop?

But seriously, I asked myself the same questions as you, but it hurts my head if I think about the many possibilities/outcomes for too long. But maybe there are no right/wrong explanations because it is possible that this alternate reality is just that, not really intended to make perfect chronological sense. Or at least that's what I tell myself so that my brain doesn't hurt.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

She did toss herself into the sea at the end of each loop, however it wasn't the end of the loop. She always woke up on the beach, she always ran her own doorbell, she always killed the bird, and I assume she always crashed and killed her kid. Right?
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=82491:date=Mar 12 2010, 11:44 AM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Mar 12 2010, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=82489:date=Mar 12 2010, 11:29 AM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Mar 12 2010, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=82474:date=Mar 12 2010, 10:21 AM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Mar 12 2010, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Saw it and liked it quite a bit. However, I have a few spoilerish questions, so read no further if you don't want spoilers.

She did toss herself into the sea at the end of each loop, however it wasn't the end of the loop. She always woke up on the beach, she always ran her own doorbell, she always killed the bird, and I assume she always crashed and killed her kid. Right?
Yep, but again, maybe the only things that looped were what took place at sea which was the only "real" alternate reality, and everything else was just time shifting/travel.

I don't know what I'm talking about, and I need a nap.
<!--quoteo(post=82493:date=Mar 12 2010, 11:53 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Mar 12 2010, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=82491:date=Mar 12 2010, 11:44 AM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Mar 12 2010, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=82489:date=Mar 12 2010, 11:29 AM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Mar 12 2010, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=82474:date=Mar 12 2010, 10:21 AM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Mar 12 2010, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Saw it and liked it quite a bit. However, I have a few spoilerish questions, so read no further if you don't want spoilers.

Yep, but again, maybe the only things that looped were what took place at sea which was the only "real" alternate reality, and everything else was just time shifting/travel.

It's a good theory, but the pile of birds on the mainland refutes it.
<!--quoteo(post=82496:date=Mar 12 2010, 12:22 PM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Mar 12 2010, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=82493:date=Mar 12 2010, 11:53 AM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Mar 12 2010, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=82491:date=Mar 12 2010, 11:44 AM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Mar 12 2010, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=82489:date=Mar 12 2010, 11:29 AM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Mar 12 2010, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=82474:date=Mar 12 2010, 10:21 AM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Mar 12 2010, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Saw it and liked it quite a bit. However, I have a few spoilerish questions, so read no further if you don't want spoilers.

It's a good theory, but the pile of birds on the mainland refutes it.
You've got me there, but there has to be a point in time where the time loop begins and overlaps with past "reality", but I'm just not sure where that point in time is exactly, or maybe not, and it is just a giant loose end.

I really do need to watch it again.

And I have to say, this is a director with a promising future. I've enjoyed all of his movies except for some parts of Creep. Severance was very solid too.
Just watched it. Pretty well crafted. I ended up with a few questions as well, but that's OK.

My biggest question *spoiler* is where does the Jess that looks at the carnage and gets in the cab come from? She appears there -- but from where?
<!--quoteo(post=83739:date=Mar 21 2010, 09:52 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Mar 21 2010, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Just watched it. Pretty well crafted. I ended up with a few questions as well, but that's OK.

My biggest question *spoiler* is where does the Jess that looks at the carnage and gets in the cab come from? She appears there -- but from where?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
*possible spoiler* I initially thought that she survived the crash somehow, but I'm not entirely sure.
<!--quoteo(post=83807:date=Mar 22 2010, 12:11 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Mar 22 2010, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=83739:date=Mar 21 2010, 09:52 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Mar 21 2010, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Just watched it. Pretty well crafted. I ended up with a few questions as well, but that's OK.

My biggest question *spoiler* is where does the Jess that looks at the carnage and gets in the cab come from? She appears there -- but from where?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
*possible spoiler* I initially thought that she survived the crash somehow, but I'm not entirely sure.

I think she did. Am I wrong, or is the Jess corpse on the street the one the current Jess killed, the one that was in the trunk?
<!--quoteo(post=83807:date=Mar 22 2010, 12:11 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Mar 22 2010, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=83739:date=Mar 21 2010, 09:52 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Mar 21 2010, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Just watched it. Pretty well crafted. I ended up with a few questions as well, but that's OK.

It seemed to me like they showed people gathered around her body and then it panned to her observing the whole scene.

I don't know...I guess it's probably fruitless to try and apply logic to the story.
<!--quoteo(post=83842:date=Mar 22 2010, 09:28 AM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Mar 22 2010, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=83807:date=Mar 22 2010, 12:11 AM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Mar 22 2010, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=83739:date=Mar 21 2010, 09:52 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Mar 21 2010, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Just watched it. Pretty well crafted. I ended up with a few questions as well, but that's OK.

I think she did. Am I wrong, or is the Jess corpse on the street the one the current Jess killed, the one that was in the trunk?
The one that was in the trunk was zipped up in a big duffel bag.