Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Desert Sessions?
CC -- Do you know where one could get a copy of any of the Desert Sessions? They don't seem to be for sale anywhere. I heard that there will be a box set available at some point, but I'm guessing not anytime soon... You seem to be in the know when it comes to this kind of thing...
<!--quoteo(post=78945:date=Feb 8 2010, 02:28 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Feb 8 2010, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->CC -- Do you know where one could get a copy of any of the Desert Sessions? They don't seem to be for sale anywhere. I heard that there will be a box set available at some point, but I'm guessing not anytime soon... You seem to be in the know when it comes to this kind of thing...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hmmm, I don't know. I bought them all years ago, so I haven't really kept up on any kind of reissues.
<!--quoteo(post=78946:date=Feb 8 2010, 03:32 PM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Feb 8 2010, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=78945:date=Feb 8 2010, 02:28 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Feb 8 2010, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->CC -- Do you know where one could get a copy of any of the Desert Sessions? They don't seem to be for sale anywhere. I heard that there will be a box set available at some point, but I'm guessing not anytime soon... You seem to be in the know when it comes to this kind of thing...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hmmm, I don't know. I bought them all years ago, so I haven't really kept up on any kind of reissues.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
In the meantime, I found that sessions 9 & 10 are on iTunes. Just not the other ones. I'll start there...
Pretty sure they are on Amazon.
<!--quoteo(post=78950:date=Feb 8 2010, 02:45 PM:name=Fella)-->QUOTE (Fella @ Feb 8 2010, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Pretty sure they are on Amazon.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

They might be, but I think the first 6 that were released on Man's Ruin are out of print. I bought the originals from the Rekords Rekords store several years ago.
There are torrents out there for most of these, though I know some are hesitant to go that route. If you search on Isohunt, there are several with plenty of seeders.
<!--quoteo(post=78956:date=Feb 8 2010, 03:12 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Feb 8 2010, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->There are torrents out there for most of these, though I know some are hesitant to go that route. If you search on Isohunt, there are several with plenty of seeders.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hell, I can send you the mp3's that I've ripped from my copies, if that's what you're looking for Butch.
<!--quoteo(post=78985:date=Feb 8 2010, 09:02 PM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Feb 8 2010, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=78956:date=Feb 8 2010, 03:12 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Feb 8 2010, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->There are torrents out there for most of these, though I know some are hesitant to go that route. If you search on Isohunt, there are several with plenty of seeders.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hell, I can send you the mp3's that I've ripped from my copies, if that's what you're looking for Butch.
I kind of want to buy them. But if I can't find them for cheaper than $100 (what they're asking for sessions 1 & 2 on Amazon), I might have to take you up on that. I'm definitely going to get 9 & 10 off iTunes.

I appreciate the offer.
<!--quoteo(post=78986:date=Feb 8 2010, 08:05 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Feb 8 2010, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=78985:date=Feb 8 2010, 09:02 PM:name=ColoradoCub)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Feb 8 2010, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=78956:date=Feb 8 2010, 03:12 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Feb 8 2010, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->There are torrents out there for most of these, though I know some are hesitant to go that route. If you search on Isohunt, there are several with plenty of seeders.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I kind of want to buy them. But if I can't find them for cheaper than $100 (what they're asking for sessions 1 & 2 on Amazon), I might have to take you up on that. I'm definitely going to get 9 & 10 off iTunes.

I appreciate the offer.

Ya know, I wouldn't feel bad about downloading something that's rare/out of print/hard to find.... Even if you did find and buy it, it's not like the money is going to go to the artist anyways.