Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eagles of Death Metal
So...I've been listening to these guys a lot over the last couple of days and I can't quite figure it out. Some of their songs are pretty good, but a lot of them are kind of corny. It's almost as if the band is a gimmick or an inside joke of some sort -- too campy for its own good.

rok, CC (any other QOTSA fans) -- what are your thoughts on this band? I'm on the fence, leaning towards not being too thrilled about them.
I don't care for them. I gave them a good listen a few years ago because of the QOTSA connection, and they did indeed seem too much like a novelty act for my taste. It's hard to even classify their music, not that it really matters, but it just makes it hard to understand where they are coming from. It's almost like post-punk party music.
<!--quoteo(post=79679:date=Feb 16 2010, 10:51 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Feb 16 2010, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't care for them. I gave them a good listen a few years ago because of the QOTSA connection, and they did indeed seem too much like a novelty act for my taste. It's hard to even classify their music, not that it really matters, but it just makes it hard to understand where they are coming from. It's almost like post-punk party music.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
A lot of their songs actually do sound like The Eagles with a slightly harder edge (I assume that's where they got their name from?). I'm trying to give them a chance because of Homme, but I think I'm in the same boat as you.
I like them, in small doses. I think the concept for the band started out in one of the original Desert Sessions. It's just a vehicle for Jessie Hughes, that Josh plays drums in.