Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duran Duran
Too slow, BT.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
So none of you guys like "Iris" by GGD?
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
Mould is the Godfather (he gave a kickass after-hours acoustic show at the Field Museum, despite the glittering jewelry crowd; Sugar show was the harshest pit I ever "enjoyed"), pre-"Name" Goo Goo Dolls were the shit (I met a drunk Johnny before an outdoor show the did in the West Loop and gave him free passes to Lynwood Bowl, where I worked at the time), Duran Duran--no matter the image--are fuckin' fine music. "New Moon on Monday" kicks your sorry ass.

VanSlaw out!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nHRERLEM2eE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nHRERLEM2eE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

Butch, I'd like to hear more about your Duran Duran fandom during the next Bricks and Ivy episode.
<!--quoteo(post=80093:date=Feb 19 2010, 04:27 PM:name=Brock)-->QUOTE (Brock @ Feb 19 2010, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Butch, I'd like to hear more about your Duran Duran fandom during the next Bricks and Ivy episode.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

I find it hard to believe that I was the only kid who had cheesy musical preferences before they hit puberty.
<!--quoteo(post=80096:date=Feb 19 2010, 04:48 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Feb 19 2010, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=80093:date=Feb 19 2010, 04:27 PM:name=Brock)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brock @ Feb 19 2010, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Butch, I'd like to hear more about your Duran Duran fandom during the next Bricks and Ivy episode.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
I find it hard to believe that I was the only kid who had cheesy musical preferences before they hit puberty.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I love musical cheese.
I will also state that seeing Duran Duran in concert was one of the most fun experiences of my life. I wasn't a big fan of the music, but I'd never seen a Beatlemania-type show before, so I bought a John Taylor-ish hat, and went.

The hat did wonders... I was hit on by more girls than at any other time in my existence. As for the show, I was one of 15 guys in a crowd of 15,000 screaming, weeping, panting, sexually-charged, orgasmic females.
There are worse places to be.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=80240:date=Feb 21 2010, 09:52 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Feb 21 2010, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->a crowd of 15,000 screaming, weeping, panting, sexually-charged, orgasmic females.
There are worse places to be.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Sounds like Phan's apartment on a Wednesday night.