Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roger Ebert
I must be in living in a bubble or something, completely didn't know he lost his jaw. This is sad.

[Image: roger-ebert-jaw-cancer-photo-esquire-0310-lg.jpg]

Link
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
Life sure can hand out some shit.
One would think they could have fashioned a jaw for him out of titanium or something like that... kinda like Trap Jaw from He-Man. That'd be bad ass.

[Image: Trap%20jaw.jpg]
Or Leno could have spared some of his.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
Damn. That's messed up.

For a long time, he was my favorite movie critic, by far. I feel like he isn't quite as sharp lately (no surprise, given what he's gone through).

He used to do the Overlooked Film Fest down in Champaign-Urbana, which I thought was awesome.

Anyway...I'm glad he's still able to do what he loves.
I've disagreed with Ebert quite a bit over the years, but there isn't a single movie critic I look forward to reading each week more than him. And I also give him credit for putting his money where his mouth is (no pun intended) by actually writing a screenplay in the late 60s, even though it turned into one of the worst movies of all time. And yes, I knew he hadn't been well for years and had lost the ability to speak and eat solid foods, but that picture floored me when I saw it the other day.
This is totally insensitive and mean...but the first thing I thought of after I saw that photo was that Genesis video with them as puppets.

[Image: 250px-LandofConfusionscreenshot1.JPG]
<!--quoteo(post=80089:date=Feb 19 2010, 04:16 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Feb 19 2010, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This is totally insensitive and mean...but the first thing I thought of after I saw that photo was that Genesis video with them as puppets.

[Image: 250px-LandofConfusionscreenshot1.JPG]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah...well I thought of THIS:

[Image: unterbheit.gif]
That video gave me nightmares when I was a kid.
That must be fairly recent. I knew the cancer had really fucked him up...and he had lost a ton of weight...but I didn't realize they had to take his entire lower jaw.
I'm not sure what's worse, Ebert's troubles, or Dick Clark's.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
That article is a tremendous read, by the way.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=80088:date=Feb 19 2010, 04:13 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Feb 19 2010, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I've disagreed with Ebert quite a bit over the years, but there isn't a single movie critic I look forward to reading each week more than him. And I also give him credit for putting his money where his mouth is (no pun intended) by actually writing a screenplay in the late 60s, even though it turned into one of the worst movies of all time. And yes, I knew he hadn't been well for years and had lost the ability to speak and eat solid foods, but that picture floored me when I saw it the other day.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I used to be that way, but I've found myself disagreeing with him more and more. Plus I can't forgive him for bad reviews of both "Raising Arizona" and "The Usual Suspects".

Anyway, I've never found a reviewer I agree with more (I can almost always guess EXACTLY how many stars he gives a movie after I've seen it) than James Berardinelli. I love his stuff.

Reel Movies
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
Ebert gave Usual Suspects a bad review? How is that even possible?
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
Sorry, that was just wrong.