Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Town
Looks wild. I am intrigued...
<object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hSnwFayEUVc&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hSnwFayEUVc&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>
Hmm, the fact that Twin Peaks was mentioned was enough to intrigue me.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

<!--quoteo(post=81995:date=Mar 8 2010, 01:54 PM:name=biggz)-->QUOTE (biggz @ Mar 8 2010, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Hmm, the fact that Twin Peaks was mentioned was enough to intrigue me.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Same here. I love Lynch, so the comparisons to Twin Peaks are what got me to notice the online buzz around this from several months ago. No guarantee that it will be any good, but shows like this are right up my alley.
plus, the guy w/ the accent is from twin peaks, no? couple of other pretty decent actors in there as well
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
Looks like it might be pretty hokey, but may be worth checking out. When does it start?
A little weird that they introduced it as "From the network that brought you Twin Peaks." David Lynch (or any of the other writers of Twin Peaks) didn't have anything to do with this, did he? So...there's no actual Twin Peaks connection, other than it originally aired on ABC?
<!--quoteo(post=82010:date=Mar 8 2010, 04:48 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Mar 8 2010, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->A little weird that they introduced it as "From the network that brought you Twin Peaks." David Lynch (or any of the other writers of Twin Peaks) didn't have anything to do with this, did he? So...there's no actual Twin Peaks connection, other than it originally aired on ABC?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah, there is no connection whatsoever as far as I know, and Twin Peaks was almost 20 years ago, so I'm surprised that the network would make such a statement in marketing this. Most people probably don't even remember the show, and it was only on for 2 seasons IIRC.

And it premieres April 28.
"From the network that watered down Twin Peaks to give you Northern Exposure..."
<!--quoteo(post=82011:date=Mar 8 2010, 04:50 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Mar 8 2010, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=82010:date=Mar 8 2010, 04:48 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Mar 8 2010, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->A little weird that they introduced it as "From the network that brought you Twin Peaks." David Lynch (or any of the other writers of Twin Peaks) didn't have anything to do with this, did he? So...there's no actual Twin Peaks connection, other than it originally aired on ABC?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah, there is no connection whatsoever as far as I know, and Twin Peaks was almost 20 years ago, so I'm surprised that the network would make such a statement in marketing this. Most people probably don't even remember the show, and it was only on for 2 seasons IIRC.

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
20 years ago? Holy fuck, I can't believe it was that long ago.
<!--quoteo(post=82017:date=Mar 8 2010, 05:02 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Mar 8 2010, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=82011:date=Mar 8 2010, 04:50 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Mar 8 2010, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=82010:date=Mar 8 2010, 04:48 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Mar 8 2010, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->A little weird that they introduced it as "From the network that brought you Twin Peaks." David Lynch (or any of the other writers of Twin Peaks) didn't have anything to do with this, did he? So...there's no actual Twin Peaks connection, other than it originally aired on ABC?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yup, premiered April 1990, and ended in 1991. Unreal.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098936/
<!--quoteo(post=82018:date=Mar 8 2010, 05:06 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Mar 8 2010, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=82017:date=Mar 8 2010, 05:02 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Mar 8 2010, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=82011:date=Mar 8 2010, 04:50 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Mar 8 2010, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=82010:date=Mar 8 2010, 04:48 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Mar 8 2010, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->A little weird that they introduced it as "From the network that brought you Twin Peaks." David Lynch (or any of the other writers of Twin Peaks) didn't have anything to do with this, did he? So...there's no actual Twin Peaks connection, other than it originally aired on ABC?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yup, premiered April 1990, and ended in 1991. Unreal.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098936/

As I was at the grand old age of 2 when the show ended, I never got to see the original run. That said, I highly recommend any Twin Peaks/Lynch fans to pick up the Twin Peaks Definitive Gold Box Set. Very sexy. David Duchovny, I mean.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

Cheesiest voicing in a trailer ever.

But, looks interesting. TONS of great actors. Like, a surprising amount.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.