Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Butch
I've always loved Coen brothers movies...but never saw Miller's Crossing. Netflixed it the other day on your recommendation....loved it. Damn good flick.
<!--quoteo(post=82110:date=Mar 9 2010, 05:50 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ Mar 9 2010, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I've always loved Coen brothers movies...but never saw Miller's Crossing. Netflixed it the other day on your recommendation....loved it. Damn good flick.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Glad you liked it, funkster. So many great characters/lines in that movie...
Man. I scream from the mountaintops what a fucking fantastic movie "Miller's Crossing" is, telling everyone how underrated it is, and fucking BUTCH gets the credit when someone finally watches it.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
i love this movie also
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
<!--quoteo(post=82202:date=Mar 10 2010, 11:37 AM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Mar 10 2010, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Man. I scream from the mountaintops what a fucking fantastic movie "Miller's Crossing" is, telling everyone how underrated it is, and fucking BUTCH gets the credit when someone finally watches it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Hey BT...thanks for telling Butch to tell me its a great movie.
Same here. Great fucking movie in just about every way. I'm surprised that it never got much recognition when it initially came out, and even now. This and Blood Simple are still my 2 faves from the Coens.
<!--quoteo(post=82213:date=Mar 10 2010, 12:23 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Mar 10 2010, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Same here. Great fucking movie in just about every way. I'm surprised that it never got much recognition when it initially came out, and even now. This and Blood Simple are still my 2 faves from the Coens.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I just netflixed that as well. I never realized that I really haven't seen any of their early movies with the exception of Raising Arizona.
<!--quoteo(post=82225:date=Mar 10 2010, 01:25 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ Mar 10 2010, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=82213:date=Mar 10 2010, 12:23 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Mar 10 2010, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Same here. Great fucking movie in just about every way. I'm surprised that it never got much recognition when it initially came out, and even now. This and Blood Simple are still my 2 faves from the Coens.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I just netflixed that as well. I never realized that I really haven't seen any of their early movies with the exception of Raising Arizona.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Blood Simple is great. I'm sure it will be interesting for you to watch Blood Simple after seeing most of their other films. It's an incredibly self-assured debut. Their sense of pacing and their visual style is already on full display. I'm pretty sure you'll like it a lot.
I watched the netflix trailer and it looks really good so I'm looking forward to it.
That scene at the end with the bullet holes in the dark is one of my top 10 favorites of all time. I was floored when I first watched it, and it still gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. What a tense and perfectly crafted scene.
<!--quoteo(post=82236:date=Mar 10 2010, 02:13 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Mar 10 2010, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->That scene at the end with the bullet holes in the dark is one of my top 10 favorites of all time. I was floored when I first watched it, and it still gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. What a tense and perfectly crafted scene.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

**BIG SPOILERS BELOW**

I absolutely love the scene where (I don't remember the character's names) the guy drives out into the middle of nowhere to bury the other guy (who, is actually alive) -- the Coens "borrow" a lot of elements from that scene from themselves in Fargo.
<!--quoteo(post=82212:date=Mar 10 2010, 12:21 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ Mar 10 2010, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=82202:date=Mar 10 2010, 11:37 AM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Mar 10 2010, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Man. I scream from the mountaintops what a fucking fantastic movie "Miller's Crossing" is, telling everyone how underrated it is, and fucking BUTCH gets the credit when someone finally watches it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Hey BT...thanks for telling Butch to tell me its a great movie.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Now THAT is what I'm talking about.

Actually, I'm pretty obsessed with Miller's Crossing. I literally watch it every time I find it on cable. I love everything about it, with the possible exception of the the Tom/Verna love story.

I liked it the first time I saw it, but now it might be my all time favorite movie. I've never had a movie sneak up on me like that.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
It was totally weird seeing Albert Finney so young and skinny. He did a great job.
<!--quoteo(post=82250:date=Mar 10 2010, 03:30 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ Mar 10 2010, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->It was totally weird seeing Albert Finney so young and skinny. He did a great job.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The role was actually written for Trey Wilson (Nathan Arizona), but he died before they could start filming.

Again, I'm obsessed.
On a side note i cant wait for True Grit this year!