Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3-12-10, Cubs vs. Sox
I'm so happy I shelled out $75 for a split-squad game with all of the Cubs superstars, and the bench coach as manager.

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Up next: The Cubs split up the roster on Friday, sending half to Las Vegas to play the White Sox at 9:05 p.m. CT while the other half travel to Maryvale to face the Brewers at 2:05 p.m. CT. Lefty Tom Gorzelanny will start in Vegas while Jeff Samardzija faces Milwaukee. Both starters are battling for a spot in the rotation. Among the other players who will be in Las Vegas are: Micah Hoffpauir, Kevin Millar, Ryan Theriot, Geovany Soto, Marlon Byrd, Kosuke Fukudome and Xavier Nady. Bench coach Alan Trammell will manage the Cubs in Las Vegas; Lou Piniella is staying in Arizona<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Jesus... not really looking forward to watching that game after all.
@TheBlogfines
I guarantee Ozzie will trot out his starters for that game.
Cubs lose 12 - 3.

My guess is that the Cubs really want Edmonds and Gerut to make the Brewers squad.
Tom Gorzelanny looked like Rich Hill that inning, minus the stuff.
@TheBlogfines
Great job of hitting by Vitters... rips a 2-run triple into the right-center field gap to give the Cubs a 5-4 lead.
@TheBlogfines
Fontenot 3 more hits and 2 more RBI, 6-4 now.
@TheBlogfines
Everyone has looked decent except for Jay Jackson, and he was the one I was really hoping would impress.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
Blake Parker has a nasty change.
@TheBlogfines
Hawk sounds like he wants to cry right now. Keeps bitching about the umps and the pitcher walking guys... when he's not silent.
@TheBlogfines
What are you listening to?
<!--quoteo(post=82640:date=Mar 13 2010, 04:40 PM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Mar 13 2010, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->What are you listening to?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'm watching it on CSN.
@TheBlogfines
Drop a flyball with 2 outs in the 9th in left... and of course Stoney has to drop a Brant Brown bomb. Cubs win on the next play though.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=82642:date=Mar 13 2010, 05:49 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Mar 13 2010, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Drop a flyball with 2 outs in the 9th in left... and of course Stoney has to drop a Brant Brown bomb. Cubs win on the next play though.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
"Shades of Brant Brown."

What a dick.

And Hawk sounded like he was creaming in his pants -- over a Spring Training game with nothing but minor leaguers left on the field...
<!--quoteo(post=82648:date=Mar 13 2010, 06:41 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Mar 13 2010, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=82642:date=Mar 13 2010, 05:49 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Mar 13 2010, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Drop a flyball with 2 outs in the 9th in left... and of course Stoney has to drop a Brant Brown bomb. Cubs win on the next play though.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
"Shades of Brant Brown."

What a dick.

And Hawk sounded like he was creaming in his pants -- over a Spring Training game with nothing but minor leaguers left on the field...
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He was going berserk in the early innings too when the Sox were scoring runs...he's such a fucking doucher.