Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new predators movie
Robert Rodriguez directing. Adrien Brody, Laurence Fishburne, Alice Braga, and Topher Grace.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f77rFJD00kg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f77rFJD00kg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
[Image: lou.jpg]
The credits say someone named Nimrod Antal directed and RR produced.
Is that Kevin Dillon in the background? A RR produced Predator might be cool.

Edit: NVM it doesn't look like it after watching the full trailer. I think Adrien Brody's a good actor, I just can't stand his real life personality so I'm always a little predisposed to not like the movies he's in. I don't know about him in this role...
<!--quoteo(post=82844:date=Mar 15 2010, 03:59 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Mar 15 2010, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The credits say someone named Nimrod Antal directed and RR produced.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
sorry, I guess he is only producing.
[Image: lou.jpg]
I hope they do it right. It's been almost two decades since they put out an acceptable movie in the Aliens and/or Predators franchises.
Antal directed "Vacancy," which was pretty solid. Given the talent involved, this has some potential...
<!--quoteo(post=82856:date=Mar 15 2010, 04:24 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Mar 15 2010, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Antal directed "Vacancy," which was pretty solid. Given the talent involved, this has some potential...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Agreed, Vacancy was excellent. And this is supposed to be quite different than the original Predator, so I don't have a problem with the concept at all.

And I like Brody as an actor quite a bit. He is starring in a movie called Splice, which sounds completely ridiculous but in a good way, coming out soon that I've been waiting to see for quite some time.
Just got back from seeing this one. I liked it, but I am admittedly a fan boy. I didn't like the first AvP though and I thought the second AvP was very meh with a horrendous ending, so I'm not an all in fanboy. It is a huge throwback to 80s action films, almost like a Vietnam war type movie with several distinguishable personalities (the leader, the tough brooding guy, the caring guy, the wimpy guy, the honorable guy, etc).

The plot wasn't special and there was nothing surprising about the movie. Just a good old fashioned action flick, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Adrien Brody does his best Christian Bale style Batman voice during the whole movie which took away from his character IMO. A little over dramatic in spots but I thought it was hugely refreshing after all the crap Predators/Aliens movies that we've seen for such a long time.