Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Yahoo Head-to-Head League
<!--quoteo(post=85351:date=Mar 31 2010, 02:40 PM:name=Andy)-->QUOTE (Andy @ Mar 31 2010, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=85306:date=Mar 31 2010, 11:43 AM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Mar 31 2010, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Andy, Saturday night at 8:30 or 9 CT? Or leave the draft for Friday. It's your call, my friend.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'm open to whatever... but we better get more players.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ah heck, another league won't kill me. I'll join here in a little bit.
A buddy from my work is going to join and then I'm thinking of publishing the league to fill it out. I'll leave the draft for Friday.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
Thanks jeffy and mikey.
Draft is today, at 6 EDT/5 CDT.

It's a full 12 team league and here are the people we know:

<i><b>Destined</b></i>: Diamond Kings
<i><b>Andy</b></i>: Extra Chunky
<i><b>Jeffy</b></i>: Indianapolis Idiots
<i><b>Dingo</b></i>: Ham Wallets
<i><b>Mikey</b></i>: Adam Richman's Gut

My buddy from work has a team, called "Soulfly Too Buku."

The remaining people are from somewhere in the interwebs. It is a full league, but if you're willing to join, I'm OK with deleting an unknown person to add a SOI person, so let me know.
Looks like I'm going to have to auto-draft it tonight, but I will be active from here on.
Since there's 6 people that are from the public, I created two divisions. The "SOI" Division, and "The Field" division. Good idea? Might make it interesting.
<!--quoteo(post=85620:date=Apr 2 2010, 11:56 AM:name=jeffy)-->QUOTE (jeffy @ Apr 2 2010, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Looks like I'm going to have to auto-draft it tonight, but I will be active from here on.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Apologies about the draft, but thanks for the heads up and for playing.
Wow. Auz scored on the auto draft. For pitchers he has Lincecum, Felix, Carpenter, Papelbon, Marmol, and Lackey. Wow.
Man, I got hosed on the auto draft, but I'm trying to salvage it the best I can.
<!--quoteo(post=87809:date=Apr 10 2010, 08:12 AM:name=jeffy)-->QUOTE (jeffy @ Apr 10 2010, 08:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Man, I got hosed on the auto draft, but I'm trying to salvage it the best I can.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
You're dominating.
It took a ton of moves though [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=90582:date=Apr 18 2010, 12:11 PM:name=jeffy)-->QUOTE (jeffy @ Apr 18 2010, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->It took a ton of moves though [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
You're playing it well with a bunch of hot hitters and not necessarily huge stars. My pitching staff has been good, but my hitters have been a lil streaky so far. I'm hoping I can take all 10 match-ups today. I have a legit chance.
Congrats on the Votto/Ortiz trade, btw. You made out like a bandit on that one [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img].
<!--quoteo(post=90588:date=Apr 18 2010, 12:27 PM:name=jeffy)-->QUOTE (jeffy @ Apr 18 2010, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Congrats on the Votto/Ortiz trade, btw. You made out like a bandit on that one [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img].<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Thanks. My buddy from work likes David Ortiz, so I asked for Votto and he said OK and we made the trade. Those guys who complained about it make it sound like I'm cheating. I hope you didn't take it that way.

Cheating, no. Lopsided, just a bit. Votto is going to put up the superior numbers, especially BA, but if he likes Ortiz, let him take him.