Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Troll 2
This hasn't achieved the cult status of The Room, but it has developed a following.

From wikipedia:

Troll 2 is a 1990 horror film, directed by Claudio Fragasso, under the pseudonym Drake Floyd. During production, the film was known as Goblin, and some foreign releases of the movie were labeled as such, but <b>upon release in the United States, the title was changed to Troll 2 in an attempt to help sell the film by connecting it to an established horror movie, the 1986 Empire Pictures film Troll. The two films, however, have no connection apart from the title. In fact, despite the title, no actual trolls appear in Troll 2.</b>

The plot concerns an American family, the Waits family, who are taking a trip to the country to visit a small town called "Nilbog" (goblin spelled backwards), but are plunged into a nightmare as <b>they are relentlessly pursued by vegetarian goblins, who turn people into plants before they eat them.</b>

Troll 2 is widely considered to be of poor quality. In fact, for a time the film was rated as the worst film of all time by IMDB.com. The goblins' costumes, designed by cult erotic actress Laura Gemser, consist of burlap clothes stuffed with foam rubber, and latex masks, only one of which featured a movable mouth; the musical score consists of only a few synthesized themes repeated numerous times. In addition, the acting and dialogue have become notorious for their camp value. The scene where Darren Ewing's character states that he will be eaten next has become an internet meme, often appearing in videos alongside the "Garbage Day" meme from Silent Night, Deadly Night 2.

Troll 2 was recently given RiffTrax treatment by Michael J. Nelson (of Mystery Science Theater 3000 fame) and special guest Richard Kyanka from Something Awful.

The movie was filmed in Morgan, Utah and Porterville, Utah, in the summer of 1989. In 2007, A major Troll 2 event took place in Morgan called Nilbog Invasion. The Alamo Drafthouse Cinema's Rolling Roadshow turned Morgan into "Nilbog" again for a weekend, and screened the film for an audience of fans from around the world. Much of the cast attended and appeared in a panel discussion, as well as the writers and director of the film. Director Claudio Fragasso was presented with the key to the city by the Mayor of Morgan.

<b>At the event, Fragasso and writer Rossella Drudi announced plans for a sequel to Troll II, and the audience was polled for their opinion on what the film should be called. The winning title was Troll II: Part II.</b>
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HyophYBP_w4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HyophYBP_w4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9KCct4RwLNM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9KCct4RwLNM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_OiD6IlBmtk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_OiD6IlBmtk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
I'm a bad movie connoisseur, especially of the late 70s and 80s variety. This one is bad, really just awful in every way. I haven't watched it for years, but I remember being frightened by those creatures at the time when it first came out. I may need to find a torrent of this and relive the magic all over again. The 80s are a treasure trove of crappy cinema. One of these days we need to put together a list of our favorite b-movies. Could be fun.
That's the production quality I'm expecting from The Expendables. I did notice that the kid had a Cubs pennant hanging on his wall though...
<!--quoteo(post=86730:date=Apr 7 2010, 04:55 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Apr 7 2010, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm a bad movie connoisseur, especially of the late 70s and 80s variety. This one is bad, really just awful in every way. I haven't watched it for years, but I remember being frightened by those creatures at the time when it first came out. I may need to find a torrent of this and relive the magic all over again. The 80s are a treasure trove of crappy cinema. One of these days we need to put together a list of our favorite b-movies. Could be fun.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
This one has seen a revival because the kid ("They're eating her...and then they're going to eat me.") made a documentary of the making of Troll 2 that is making the rounds right now (to some critical acclaim).

There are plenty of Troll 2 clips to be found on YouTube. All of them are painfully awful.
<!--quoteo(post=86733:date=Apr 7 2010, 04:58 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 7 2010, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=86730:date=Apr 7 2010, 04:55 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Apr 7 2010, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm a bad movie connoisseur, especially of the late 70s and 80s variety. This one is bad, really just awful in every way. I haven't watched it for years, but I remember being frightened by those creatures at the time when it first came out. I may need to find a torrent of this and relive the magic all over again. The 80s are a treasure trove of crappy cinema. One of these days we need to put together a list of our favorite b-movies. Could be fun.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
This one has seen a revival because the kid ("They're eating her...and then they're going to eat me.") made a documentary of the making of Troll 2 that is making the rounds right now (to some critical acclaim).

There are plenty of Troll 2 clips to be found on YouTube. All of them are painfully awful.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Most of the Italian horror films of that era are hilarious, often times blatant ripoffs or claim to be sequels of popular US horror movies. You could write a book on the subject. Off of the top of my head, there were unofficial Italian made sequels to Dawn of the Dead, Evil Dead, House, Curse, The Howling, etc. Each of these movies follows the same formula. Gruesome murder scene and full frontal nudity in the first 15 minutes. 1 hour of European occult weirdness ensues. Then the final 15 minutes is back to blood and guts. The End. Somehow these films have become cult classics. I find it all very amusing.
Best Worst Movie

There's the site for the documentary. Looks pretty funny.
I just saw on IMDB that the original Troll is being remade with its original director at the helm. The expected release date is scheduled for sometime in 2012.
<!--quoteo(post=86983:date=Apr 8 2010, 01:15 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Apr 8 2010, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I just saw on IMDB that the original Troll is being remade with its original director at the helm. The expected release date is scheduled for sometime in 2012.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
You're telling me that I have to wait two years?
<!--quoteo(post=86985:date=Apr 8 2010, 01:16 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 8 2010, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=86983:date=Apr 8 2010, 01:15 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Apr 8 2010, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I just saw on IMDB that the original Troll is being remade with its original director at the helm. The expected release date is scheduled for sometime in 2012.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Rest assured that the remake of Troll 2 can't be too far off.
[Image: troll2pic1.jpg]
<!--quoteo(post=86987:date=Apr 8 2010, 11:20 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Apr 8 2010, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=86985:date=Apr 8 2010, 01:16 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 8 2010, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=86983:date=Apr 8 2010, 01:15 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Apr 8 2010, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I just saw on IMDB that the original Troll is being remade with its original director at the helm. The expected release date is scheduled for sometime in 2012.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Rest assured that the remake of Troll 2 can't be too far off.

Michael Bay producing?