Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Judgement Night
Just blew the dust off the Judgement Night cd I've had forever. I still love this cd. Metal and rap. Awesome stuff.
I got nothin'.

Andy
<!--quoteo(post=87407:date=Apr 9 2010, 11:11 AM:name=Andy)-->QUOTE (Andy @ Apr 9 2010, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Just blew the dust off the Judgement Night cd I've had forever. I still love this cd. Metal and rap. Awesome stuff.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Mixing metal and rap? Crazy talk!
Are you referring to the soundtrack CD? I think I remember some interesting pairings from both the rap and hard rock worlds for that one. It's been so long. The movie was sort of a letdown though.
Dinosaur Jr paired with Del Tha Funk Homosapien, Sonic Youth with Cypress Hill, De La soul with Teenage Fan Club and Faith No More with Booya Tribe were all great. There are a couple others but, I can't remember.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=87429:date=Apr 9 2010, 12:44 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Apr 9 2010, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Are you referring to the soundtrack CD? I think I remember some interesting pairings from both the rap and hard rock worlds for that one. It's been so long. The movie was sort of a letdown though.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, it has:

Helmet & House of Pain
Teenage Fanclub & De La Soul
Living Colour & Run DMC
Biohazard & Onyx
Slayer & Ice-T
Faith No More & Boo-Ya T.R.I.B.E.
Sonic Youth & Cypress Hill
Mudhoney & Sir Mix A-Lot
Dinosaur Jr & Del Tha Funkee Homosapien
Therapy & Fatal
Pearl Jam & Cypress Hill

The sounds mix pretty well. I listen to this disc for months back in 93 when it came out.
I got nothin'.

Andy
I can't seem to remember what the Mudhoney & Sir Mix A-Lot combo sounded like. I'm a little bit frightened to go down that road.