Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hum
I wish these guys would just get back together full-time already. I wish I could go to this.

http://www.millenniumpark.org/parkevents...px?id=1007
<!--quoteo(post=88086:date=Apr 11 2010, 01:11 PM:name=vegascub)-->QUOTE (vegascub @ Apr 11 2010, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I wish these guys would just get back together full-time already. I wish I could go to this.

http://www.millenniumpark.org/parkevents...px?id=1007<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'll see what I can do. I used to be friends with the bassist, Jeff Dimpsey. He was on my dorm floor my freshman year, and I still keep in touch with a few of his buddies. It blew my mind the first time I saw him on "120 Minutes".
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
I loved Hum. Funny, I re-visited You'd Prefer an Astronaut a few months ago, and it still kicks ass. I always wondered what happened to them.
Anyone ever go to the big house parties in Champaign at the White House near 2nd and Daniels when they'd have a beer truck with like 15 kegs several tanks of nitrous and Hum, Steakdaddy 6, Mother and Honcho Overload playing in the living room or backyard? Those were always a fun time.
one of my good friends was buddies with someone in this band too. i'm going to see if he's still in contact with him. maybe it's the same guy you knew BT.
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
Just before their third and final album came out, I saw them play at a bar in Bloomington called Second Story. It was a weeknight, and hardly anyone was there. I just stood right in front of them, while they kicked ass on a stage no more than six inches high. I felt bad because they were playing at a piddly place with hardly any patrons, but they were still so fucking good.
<!--quoteo(post=88232:date=Apr 12 2010, 12:50 AM:name=liner)-->QUOTE (liner @ Apr 12 2010, 12:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->one of my good friends was buddies with someone in this band too. i'm going to see if he's still in contact with him. maybe it's the same guy you knew BT.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Anyone ever go to the big house parties in Champaign at the White House near 2nd and Daniels when they'd have a beer truck with like 15 kegs several tanks of nitrous and Hum, Steakdaddy 6, Mother and Honcho Overload playing in the living room or backyard? Those were always a fun time.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes.

Here's the deal. I was on the 12 floor at Oglesby my freshman year. Among others, Jeff Dimpsey and Bill Johnson were on my floor. Bill Johnson was the lead singer for "Bad Flannel", which begat "Honcho Overload" with Dimpsey in that band. They broke up, Dimpsey went on to briefly play with "Poster Children", then on to "Hum".

Jeff would probably remember my name, but Bill Johnson and I have stayed in touch a bit over the years.

I don't know if this will come through, but it's a photo of those guys from my freshman year.

[Image: n694163151_1044142_7003.jpg]

I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
Man, I thought this was a thread about blowjobs.
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
<!--quoteo(post=88260:date=Apr 12 2010, 09:14 AM:name=Jody)-->QUOTE (Jody @ Apr 12 2010, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Man, I thought this was a thread about blowjobs.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You didn't see the picture he just posted?
The days of flannel and long hair were glorious and rewarding for me too.
<!--quoteo(post=88260:date=Apr 12 2010, 08:14 AM:name=Jody)-->QUOTE (Jody @ Apr 12 2010, 08:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Man, I thought this was a thread about blowjobs.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Their first album was called Fillet Show. Does that help?
Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them.
Maybe?
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
<!--quoteo(post=88283:date=Apr 12 2010, 09:05 AM:name=Bricklayer)-->QUOTE (Bricklayer @ Apr 12 2010, 09:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88260:date=Apr 12 2010, 08:14 AM:name=Jody)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jody @ Apr 12 2010, 08:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Man, I thought this was a thread about blowjobs.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Their first album was called Fillet Show. Does that help?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ugh. I forgot about Fillet Show. Before, I mentioned their "third and final album". Guess I technically should have said "fourth and final album".