Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birdemic
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YnNvBucoNSY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YnNvBucoNSY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
I think this will be playing a midnight show at the Music Box sometime next month. Might be worth a look... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
Heard about this for a long time. It looked hilarious up until the birds appeared.

I'm not so sure about this one.
And since we are posting bad horror movie trailers lately, I will add this one.

<object width="450" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/12642"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/12642" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="350" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>
The lead really likes to remove his shirt.
<!--quoteo(post=88313:date=Apr 12 2010, 12:47 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 12 2010, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The lead really likes to remove his shirt.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
If you looked like him and had such a sinister family secret, wouldn't you?
<!--quoteo(post=88315:date=Apr 12 2010, 12:50 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Apr 12 2010, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88313:date=Apr 12 2010, 12:47 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 12 2010, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The lead really likes to remove his shirt.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
If you looked like him and had such a sinister family secret, wouldn't you?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Excellent point.
The Birdemic movie looks ridiculously funny and stupid at the same time.
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
<!--quoteo(post=88327:date=Apr 12 2010, 01:29 PM:name=Jody)-->QUOTE (Jody @ Apr 12 2010, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The Birdemic movie looks ridiculously funny and stupid at the same time.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It looks like The Room with Mario Paint CGI birds.
<!--quoteo(post=88336:date=Apr 12 2010, 01:48 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 12 2010, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88327:date=Apr 12 2010, 01:29 PM:name=Jody)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jody @ Apr 12 2010, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The Birdemic movie looks ridiculously funny and stupid at the same time.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It looks like The Room with Mario Paint CGI birds.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah, I kinda wish they would have gone less CGI on the birds. The rest of it was hilarious for all the right reasons.
How did Hitchcock have better special effects 50 years prior to this?
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
awesome review in the Village Voice. My favorite parts:

Birdemic

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Bagh gives the false, but not at all intentional, impression that English might be his second language<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->An onscreen TV news report comes with a Getty Images watermark, the leads never react to any real-life birds in the background, and Bagh is so untrained that even walking across the street comes across as a losing battle with concentration.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->"There is no winking at the camera," (Patton) Oswalt agrees. "It's that great feeling you get with weird stuff like The Room and Plan 9 From Outer Space. It's almost like the filmmaker has implied, 'Yeah, I know I've done something pretty amazing. You're welcome.' You can tell there's no irony in this guy's daily life, so why would it be in this movie?"<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
You're sure these people aren't kidding?
Wow.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Nguyen cops to having one agenda. Introducing last Friday night's premiere with a coat hanger in his hand to ward off birds, Nguyen claimed his three biggest inspirations were The Birds, Apocalypse Now, and… An Inconvenient Truth. Throughout the film are oblique references to the climate crisis and the need to live green, with random appearances from a hippie who lives in a tree house perched high in the redwoods, an elderly ornithologist who condemns human behavior, and even a solar-powered accessories salesman.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Watched this last night at the Music Box. It was hilariously awful -- as expected.

The writer/director was there, too. I was too gassed to stick around for the Q&A session afterward. It was sort of a grueling experience in a way...
I heard it's vying for the title of worst movie ever made and the kid in the lead had absolutely no training whatsoever in acting. The director funded the whole project out of pocket.
Wang.