Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soriano
Anyone see this yet in the Herald from Barry Rozner?

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=372636
Can we put an end to booing our own fucking players already? Jeez -- we're booing Caridad now? Let's go ahead and ruin this kid's head and destroy his confidence because of a couple of bad outings at the beginning of the season.

For fuck's sake.
I think it's incredibly stupid. It's not a matter of effort. He's just a huge dumbass and sucks badly in stretches. And he is what he is in the outfield.

What is putting him on the bench going to do? We have him for five more years, can't essentially give up on him now. He's probably the streakiest hitter in baseball, so doing something over a bad week at the plate is just dumb. Just have to stay with him and deal with his crappy times.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=88626:date=Apr 13 2010, 03:52 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 13 2010, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I think it's incredibly stupid. It's not a matter of effort. He's just a huge dumbass and sucks badly in stretches. And he is what he is in the outfield.

What is putting him on the bench going to do? We have him for five more years, can't essentially give up on him now. He's probably the streakiest hitter in baseball, so doing something over a bad week at the plate is just dumb. Just have to stay with him and deal with his crappy times.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
If Soriano could just go ahead and tell Lou when he's going to get hot, that would make everything a whole lot easier.

I agree, by the way. We can't have an $18M player sit on the bench for the next 5 years. Soriano is still going to hit 30+ homers for the next few years, if healthy. I don't think Colvin is going to do that.
I will say this for Alf, he has handled all the rough times with pure class. He has been shit on by everyone from fans to the media, right or not, and hasn't ever been surly about it. Bradley got less than a quarter of the same scrutiny and look at how he reacted. Soriano drives me nuts, but his personality makes it hard for me to be too hard on him.
[Image: barry_rozner.jpg]

Rozner must be addicted to Grecian Formula 16.
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

I get the benching in some instances, but I just can't find a really good reason with him. As I said, it's not really effort with him. He looks like he doesn't care with just his demeanor, but he does, and he's been to 7 All-Star Games while being that way. It's not a matter of sending him a message or anything, he's just streaky and struggles to catch a baseball. Lighting fire under his ass isn't all of a sudden going to get him to catch a flyball in left that he wouldn't have before. Give me a break.
@TheBlogfines
Pledge of Allegiance?
<!--quoteo(post=88632:date=Apr 13 2010, 04:13 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 13 2010, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I get the benching in some instances, but I just can't find a really good reason with him. As I said, it's not really effort with him. He looks like he doesn't care with just his demeanor, but he does, and he's been to 7 All-Star Games while being that way. It's not a matter of sending him a message or anything, he's just streaky and struggles to catch a baseball. Lighting fire under his ass isn't all of a sudden going to get him to catch a flyball in left that he wouldn't have before. Give me a break.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I don't think the reason people want him benched is to "light a fire under his ass." I think it's because these April ballgames count just as much as the September games, and we're not putting our best lineup on the field if Alf is in it.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
Don't blame Soriano for what he gets paid. He only signed what was offered.
<!--quoteo(post=88625:date=Apr 13 2010, 01:50 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 13 2010, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Can we put an end to booing our own fucking players already? Jeez -- we're booing Caridad now? Let's go ahead and ruin this kid's head and destroy his confidence because of a couple of bad outings at the beginning of the season.

For fuck's sake.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I loved the booing of Shark. But Caridad? That was pretty fucked up.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
<!--quoteo(post=88643:date=Apr 13 2010, 04:24 PM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Apr 13 2010, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88625:date=Apr 13 2010, 01:50 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 13 2010, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Can we put an end to booing our own fucking players already? Jeez -- we're booing Caridad now? Let's go ahead and ruin this kid's head and destroy his confidence because of a couple of bad outings at the beginning of the season.

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
This may sound crazy, but sometimes I wish that our so-called fans would pay even less attention to the games, because most of them haven't a clue as to what is going on out on the field.
<!--quoteo(post=88636:date=Apr 13 2010, 03:15 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 13 2010, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88632:date=Apr 13 2010, 04:13 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 13 2010, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I get the benching in some instances, but I just can't find a really good reason with him. As I said, it's not really effort with him. He looks like he doesn't care with just his demeanor, but he does, and he's been to 7 All-Star Games while being that way. It's not a matter of sending him a message or anything, he's just streaky and struggles to catch a baseball. Lighting fire under his ass isn't all of a sudden going to get him to catch a flyball in left that he wouldn't have before. Give me a break.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I don't think the reason people want him benched is to "light a fire under his ass." I think it's because these April ballgames count just as much as the September games, and we're not putting our best lineup on the field if Alf is in it.
Yes we are. This is what he does, and we don't know when he gets hot, but he will. And to do that, he's going to need consistent at bats. Just have to stick with him.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=88643:date=Apr 13 2010, 04:24 PM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Apr 13 2010, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88625:date=Apr 13 2010, 01:50 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 13 2010, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Can we put an end to booing our own fucking players already? Jeez -- we're booing Caridad now? Let's go ahead and ruin this kid's head and destroy his confidence because of a couple of bad outings at the beginning of the season.

What's the difference? Why is it ok to boo him but not Caridad?
I don't think it's cool to boo any of your own players and I've said this a million times. Yeah I get pissed the fuck off at them, but I'm not going to get verbally loud at them if I'm in attendance at a game. Some of these guys aren't going to respond well to that. Maybe that makes them a pussy, but whatever, they're on our side and I want them to do as well as possible.
@TheBlogfines