Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Treme
Anyone catch the premiere of this on HBO? I watched a few scenes but haven't gotten around to finishing it. Thoughts? It is getting ridiculous critical praise so far and was already given the go-ahead for a 2nd season after just 1 episode.
<!--quoteo(post=88783:date=Apr 14 2010, 08:48 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Apr 14 2010, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Anyone catch the premiere of this on HBO? I watched a few scenes but haven't gotten around to finishing it. Thoughts? It is getting ridiculous critical praise so far and was already given the go-ahead for a 2nd season after just 1 episode.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't think I've ever known less about a major television series in my life. Is it about music? I really don't know.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=89315:date=Apr 15 2010, 08:12 AM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Apr 15 2010, 08:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=88783:date=Apr 14 2010, 08:48 AM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Apr 14 2010, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Anyone catch the premiere of this on HBO? I watched a few scenes but haven't gotten around to finishing it. Thoughts? It is getting ridiculous critical praise so far and was already given the go-ahead for a 2nd season after just 1 episode.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't think I've ever known less about a major television series in my life. Is it about music? I really don't know.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I still haven't finished the first episode. I guess I was just asking what all the fuss is about and if I should bother with it. It's supposed to be about post-Katrina New Orleans, some sort of multi-story, multi-perspective drama, and yes music is a big part of it from what I can tell. It looked semi-interesting, and John Goodman and Steve Zahn are involved, so I figured what the hell.
Being cheap and poor I don't get HBO, so I'll have to wait for DVD for this. BT it's a show from David Simon who was the creator of the Wire.
By the way, all that stuff about the Wire being the best TV show of all time is not an exaggeration.
<!--quoteo(post=89320:date=Apr 15 2010, 08:28 AM:name=Brock)-->QUOTE (Brock @ Apr 15 2010, 08:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->By the way, all that stuff about the Wire being the best TV show of all time is not an exaggeration.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
The Wire is fucking incredible. Anyone who hasn't seen it yet needs to. Now.
Anyone end up watching this? Now that I've finally figured out how to use torrents I've watched the first 4 episodes and am really enjoying it. It's easy to tell it's by the same guy that did the Wire.
I'll take that as a no.
I tried watching it, but the musical interruptions didn't sit well with me.
New Orleans has always been my second favorite place in the world, so I watched this show and really liked it. With such a big cast, though, I felt like a few of the actors were lacking and a couple of the story lines were unnecessary. It was great that the story was able to be told and the way they filled it with some really amazing music and all the other things that are integral the New Orleans made me wish i could go back as soon as possible.
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.