Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs vs. Brewers 4/14
<!--quoteo(post=89243:date=Apr 14 2010, 04:15 PM:name=CountRushmore)-->QUOTE (CountRushmore @ Apr 14 2010, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This thread is the definition of schizophrenia [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

I had to turn it off in the bottom of the 7th as I had a friend over so I still haven't seen a win this year [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/violin.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
At that point in the game I would have turned it off due to embarrassment too.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
I'm a fiend for self-harm so I did actually want to keep watching!
<!--quoteo(post=89249:date=Apr 14 2010, 06:20 PM:name=CountRushmore)-->QUOTE (CountRushmore @ Apr 14 2010, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm a fiend for self-harm so I did actually want to keep watching!<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Aren't we all...
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

Also, was it just me, or was that game even tastier than Monday's?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

<!--quoteo(post=89250:date=Apr 15 2010, 12:21 AM:name=biggz)-->QUOTE (biggz @ Apr 15 2010, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=89249:date=Apr 14 2010, 06:20 PM:name=CountRushmore)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CountRushmore @ Apr 14 2010, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm a fiend for self-harm so I did actually want to keep watching!<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Aren't we all...
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Why else would I have continued to support the team once I discovered the team's history haha! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cheers.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=89252:date=Apr 14 2010, 04:23 PM:name=biggz)-->QUOTE (biggz @ Apr 14 2010, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Also, was it just me, or was that game even tastier than Monday's?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It ain't you.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
<!--quoteo(post=89252:date=Apr 14 2010, 05:23 PM:name=biggz)-->QUOTE (biggz @ Apr 14 2010, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Also, was it just me, or was that game even tastier than Monday's?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
This will be one of our top five wins of the year. Went from horrible defense, horrible bullpen, and booing, to scoring 4 runs with nobody on and 2 outs in the 8th, and our closer making a tremendous 2-3-4 group look like little leaguers. Look at some of the posts in this thread. People went from wanting to give up on this team to being thrilled in a matter of minutes. Huge, huge win.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=89272:date=Apr 14 2010, 07:31 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 14 2010, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=89252:date=Apr 14 2010, 05:23 PM:name=biggz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (biggz @ Apr 14 2010, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Also, was it just me, or was that game even tastier than Monday's?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
This will be one of our top five wins of the year. Went from horrible defense, horrible bullpen, and booing, to scoring 4 runs with nobody on and 2 outs in the 8th, and our closer making a tremendous 2-3-4 group look like little leaguers. Look at some of the posts in this thread. People went from wanting to give up on this team to being thrilled in a matter of minutes. Huge, huge win.

Yeah, it was a silly question. Man, I don't know my favorite part. I'm still so giddy.

I seem to end up going to a lot of thrillers. This is like the fourth one in the last three to four years that I've gone to that ended up being a rollercoaster type game.
<!--quoteo(post=89211:date=Apr 14 2010, 05:04 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 14 2010, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Wow. Hey, if Soriano wants the booing to stop then he needs to catch a fucking flyball. It's his fault people boo. Fuck him and his fragile emotions. Grow a goddamn sack and earn your fucking money and people will stop booing him. Jesus Christ, I'm really shocked at these reactions. Fuck Soriano. I don't feel the least bit bad for him.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I've grown to love you but you're completely full of shit about this, Tommy Boy.
<!--quoteo(post=89184:date=Apr 14 2010, 05:36 PM:name=Fella)-->QUOTE (Fella @ Apr 14 2010, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=89182:date=Apr 14 2010, 03:35 PM:name=Giff)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Giff @ Apr 14 2010, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->BTW, as nasty as his slider was, the reason Marmol was so ridiculous was because he was committed to throwing his fastball and he kept it over the plate. Both Braun and Fielder got blown away by fastballs, and then when the slider came they had no chance.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah that's been the difference. His fastball looks better than it has since 07 when it was so good. He was throwing 97 today in great spots, plus the nasty slider, that's literally just about un-hittable.
Absolutely.
When Marmol is on, its the fastball setting up the slider; not the other way around.