Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs v. Nats 4/26
Could you imagine Alf charging an infield grounder the way TyCo just did?
That was funny.
LOL I love Len..."Uhhhhhh wow" hahahaha
I fucking love Len and Bob. Can you imagine Buck or Chip doing what they just did?
Am I completely off in my observation that so far this year the umps have an incredibly tight strike zone?
<!--quoteo(post=92876:date=Apr 26 2010, 08:28 PM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Apr 26 2010, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I fucking love Len and Bob. Can you imagine Buck or Chip doing what they just did?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Definitely not. The Ron Santo discussion was pretty funny too.
<!--quoteo(post=92877:date=Apr 26 2010, 08:28 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ Apr 26 2010, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Am I completely off in my observation that so far this year the umps have an incredibly tight strike zone?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I dunno...a lot of the time it's just seemed wildly inconsistent.
Twice in two ABs? Swing the bat doucher.
Santo asked last inning what inning it is. Despite the fact that he's not very good at some things, he's great at what matters. I was laughing out loud listening to his 7th inning stretch.
I'm 100% fine with this. I'm just glad there's an actual plan in place that isn't, "Let's load up on retreads and hope we get lucky." I'm a little tired of that plan.

Butcher
In fact, in the absence of Harry and with the presence of Pat Hughes, I'm going to sorely miss
Ron when he finally goes.
I'm 100% fine with this. I'm just glad there's an actual plan in place that isn't, "Let's load up on retreads and hope we get lucky." I'm a little tired of that plan.

Butcher
I've heard plenty of people say some seriously awful things about him. I just don't get it...baseballs supposed to kind of fun.
<!--quoteo(post=92883:date=Apr 26 2010, 08:53 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ Apr 26 2010, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I've heard plenty of people say some seriously awful things about him. I just don't get it...baseballs supposed to kind of fun.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm not shy about saying he's a great guy, a wonderful personality and a horrible announcer.
I never got a chance to hear Harry. I mean, I'm sure I did when I was a wee little boy, but not that I can remember.

Pat and Ron are great, though. Definitely going to miss Ronnie.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

<!--quoteo(post=92884:date=Apr 26 2010, 08:53 PM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Apr 26 2010, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=92883:date=Apr 26 2010, 08:53 PM:name=funkster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funkster @ Apr 26 2010, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I've heard plenty of people say some seriously awful things about him. I just don't get it...baseballs supposed to kind of fun.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm not shy about saying he's a great guy, a wonderful personality and a horrible announcer.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He's definitely not good. But that's what makes him great [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=92886:date=Apr 26 2010, 09:57 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ Apr 26 2010, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=92884:date=Apr 26 2010, 08:53 PM:name=jstraw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jstraw @ Apr 26 2010, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=92883:date=Apr 26 2010, 08:53 PM:name=funkster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funkster @ Apr 26 2010, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I've heard plenty of people say some seriously awful things about him. I just don't get it...baseballs supposed to kind of fun.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

He's definitely not good. But that's what makes him great [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

And Harry wasn't at all good "technically" as he got older. But he was a personality--one that will never be replicated. Ron is like that to me.

Butcher