Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Town
We dvr'd it Wednesday and watched it yesterday. I thought that as far as debuts go, it was pretty fucking good. I was hooked within the first 5 minutes. Anyone else see this?
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=94396:date=May 3 2010, 12:43 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ May 3 2010, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->We dvr'd it Wednesday and watched it yesterday. I thought that as far as debuts go, it was pretty fucking good. I was hooked within the first 5 minutes. Anyone else see this?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's on Hulu, so I'll give it whirl.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
I thought this was a kids show
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
<!--quoteo(post=94525:date=May 4 2010, 03:48 AM:name=bz)-->QUOTE (bz @ May 4 2010, 03:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I thought this was a kids show<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Not at all. It's violent and creepy and mysterious. All it's missing is boobs.
Wang.
I posted something about this a couple of months ago. I DVR'd the premier and haven't watched it yet, but am still intrigued. It has all the elements of the kind of show that I tend to like.
http://www.thecubsbrickyard.com/sonsofivy/...p;hl=happy+town
i'm watching it. could go either way. pilot was a decent setup though. hope it's better than that island murder-mystery show that was on a little while ago. that one had a few decent moments for being a network show but unraveled pretty quickly and sloppily.
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
I thought there was a thread, but I was too lazy to look for it.

Liner, I don't know much about the show you're referring to, but this one has serial killers and mysterious shop owners and forbidden rooms and hands being chopped off. I'm in.

The Sam Neil character reminds me a little of the shop owner in "Needful Things", which was a good book, but a shitty movie.
Wang.
when we first talked about this i was confusing sam neil for the guy from twin peaks. like i said, i like it so far. harper's island was what i was thinking about. doing creepy little shows with some mystery and horror aspects is a great idea for network tv, if only they do it right. i hope this one follows through.
<!--quoteo(post=94538:date=May 4 2010, 09:21 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ May 4 2010, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=94525:date=May 4 2010, 03:48 AM:name=bz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bz @ May 4 2010, 03:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I thought this was a kids show<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Not at all. It's violent and creepy and mysterious. <b>All it's missing is boobs.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
And that's why I would think that <i>Cougar Town </i>is more your speed.
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

I was thinking of Lazy Town. Nevermind.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
has this been on recently and my dvr's fucked or has it skipped a week or two?
Happy Town pulled
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
I still haven't watched any of my DVR'd episodes, so why even bother now?
Yeah, I think they gave the show a quick hook. It had a lot of potential, but in the end, I didn't invest enough time into it where this is gonna bother me much.
Wang.
I finally watched all the episodes that have aired. I think it's great and the casting is good as well. Too bad the show is canceled. It's better than most shit they have on tv. I would think it would do better on HBO.