Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Randy Wells
I just got done reading it and my first reaction was "Wow!"

It's refreshing to hear a player being so brutally honest when critiquing his own performance. I was real impressed. Having said that, it's one bad outing after a series of real good ones for the kid. He's the least of my concerns.
Wang.
I would love to see video of that interview. Lot's of bleeps in there.
Good for him, but too bad the rest of the team is playing like they don't care.
So yeah. I've made up my mind that he sucks and he needs to be sent down. I'm not singling him out, because there is so much to dislike about this abortion of a team, but it is clear given the insane amount of hits he has given up so far (105 in 84 2/3 IP) and 4 of his last 6 starts have been shitty at best, that he is overmatched right now. I'm starting to wonder what his future is in this organization, because the trend for Wells is clearly bad to quite bad.
I agree that he has been complete ass, but at this point, I would just let him pitch the rest of the season. What does it matter at this point?
<!--quoteo(post=102698:date=Jun 24 2010, 09:50 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 24 2010, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I agree that he has been complete ass, but at this point, I would just let him pitch the rest of the season. What does it matter at this point?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Maybe, but I'd rather see if someone like Cashner or another more promising young SP, hell maybe even Gorzelanny, could step in and show me something for the future. I don't care about this season even in the slightest, but I'd like to see what else we have for next year and beyond. I don't see Wells having much of a future at this point.
<!--quoteo(post=102699:date=Jun 24 2010, 09:53 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jun 24 2010, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=102698:date=Jun 24 2010, 09:50 AM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 24 2010, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I agree that he has been complete ass, but at this point, I would just let him pitch the rest of the season. What does it matter at this point?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Maybe, but I'd rather see if someone like Cashner or another more promising young SP, hell maybe even Gorzelanny, could step in and show me something for the future. I don't care about this season even in the slightest, but I'd like to see what else we have for next year and beyond. I don't see Wells having much of a future at this point.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I think those guys will get a chance, too, after we trade Lilly and Silva.
So we shouldnt have traded him last year for Heath Bell?
A few rumors about Wells exploits off the diamond this year. Unfortunately, none of them are complementary.
<!--quoteo(post=102719:date=Jun 24 2010, 12:18 PM:name=1060Ivy)-->QUOTE (1060Ivy @ Jun 24 2010, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->A few rumors about Wells exploits off the diamond this year. Unfortunately, none of them are complementary.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Tell us more. Stop being a cock-tease.
Wells is getting his fuck on. Can't say I blame him, though it may explain why he's blowing ass lately.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=102734:date=Jun 24 2010, 12:38 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Jun 24 2010, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Wells is blowing ass lately.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

bring him.
I'd like to see the quality of tail Wells is getting before I consider cutting him some slack.
WOOHOO

Just pitch him at night when he isn't hungover. Problem solved.
His Day/Night splits are very telling.

____W_L_IP__H_BB_K_ERA_WHIP_BAA
Day: 2 3 41.2 60 10 38 6.26 1.68 0.335

Night:1 3 43 45 12 27 4.19 1.33 0.266