Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs @ Phillies 20 May
Grabow should only be considered for mop-up duty, if at all. The way he's pitching right now, I'd rather him pitch for AAA until he can fix whatever it is that is making him suck. He doesn't belong on a ML roster right now.
<!--quoteo(post=97550:date=May 20 2010, 04:04 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ May 20 2010, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=97549:date=May 20 2010, 04:00 PM:name=funkster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funkster @ May 20 2010, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Just when I start liking this team again today happens. They fight back, Grabow blows (big fucking surprise), and once again they can't put a ball in play with no one out and the tying run on third. Gee Ramirez's K in the top of ninth couldn't have been more predictable. Seriously, did he forget how to hit? I just don't get how someone so consistent could have sunk to these depths so quickly. I'm baffled.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It sounded like an awful pitch that he swung at for strike 3, but he originally had the day off because of an injured finger. He probably never should have been called upon in the first place.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah I dunno...I was in my car so I was listening to the radio broadcast. Didn't actually get to see the at bat.

Butch, I agree. I've had it with Grabow, I don't care how much money you gave him, he's a liability. It's getting to the point where it almost seems inevitable that he's going to give up runs. The second he came in I knew things were going to go bad. I would have preferred they left Steven's in. I will gladly admit these posts are reactionary, I'm still pretty heated! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
The ending was so predictable... I didn't even get mad. So used to it.

What is pissing me off is Theriot and his fucking 3-1 swings. He won't stop doing it. Today he did it and it would've been ball 4 in a tied game in the 8th. Of course he hits a weakass groundball to the left side. When 90% of the time your hits are going to result in a single, just do us a favor and take the 3-1 pitch. I saw on Twitter after I brought this up that he's 0 for 8 with just four walks after he gets a 3-1 count. He's really pissing me off lately. Earlier in the year he looked more like his 08 self. Now he's back to swinging at everything, using that giant leg kick again, and trying to pull everything for power. Same habits he got into last year.
@TheBlogfines
Oh, and Lou's been managing in the late-innings worse than I've ever seen him. He doesn't understand this team. And today, he burned an extra position player in Nady when Soto had to come in anyway, and has been the far better hitter this season.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=97533:date=May 20 2010, 04:22 PM:name=Giff)-->QUOTE (Giff @ May 20 2010, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=97530:date=May 20 2010, 03:11 PM:name=Coldneck)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coldneck @ May 20 2010, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Just because Grabow is left handed does not mean he's the best person to face left handed batters. Just saying.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Who would you have in the game for Utley/Howard/Rollins/Ibanez? Keep in mind, Marmol and Zambrano are unavailable, and Marshall isn't an option because he's being saved for the ninth.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
First of all, saving Marshall for the 9th is fucking retarded. Put him him to face the meat of the order and left handers and then let someone else come in in the 9th to face the bottom of the order (or let Marshall pitch 2 innings). Marshall is obvious choice. Lou gets ahead of himself. He did the same shit in the 2008 playoffs by removing Z early from game 1 so he could pitch in game 4 (which never occurred).