Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roy Oswalt
Everyone wants to get outta dodge.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AnlC...alttraderequest
Man, there's practically a revolt on the Astros. Good.
It can't be good for team morale when the only two valuable players, Oswalt and Fat Elvis,<i> both</i> asked to be traded. (although I think Berkman's request was more along the lines of, "I've told the club to waive my no-trade agreement.")

As usual, Ed Wade handled it like the fine GM that he is, by making fun of Oswalt in a statement.
Too bad they prolly won't trade inside the division.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
Yeah no kidding. I didn't realize how Oswaltish he'd been pitching this year. I figured the injuries had taken their toll permanently on him.
<!--quoteo(post=97813:date=May 22 2010, 04:05 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ May 22 2010, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Yeah no kidding. I didn't realize how Oswaltish he'd been pitching this year. I figured the injuries had taken their toll permanently on him.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Oswalt made the Cubs look foolish last month. The score wasn't bad but only because their bullpen gave up even more runs than ours usually does
Yeah, he's kicking ass. He's one of those guys like Roy Halladay...always good, works hard, seems to get screwed by run support, etc.
Although, Halladay has a better health record, which is huge when considering a pitcher.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance