Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tampa Bay
I just watched a couple of innings of the Rays/Red Sox game.

So...the Rays are the best team in baseball. They're playing a division rival. It's a nationally televised game.

And the stadium is half full. Maybe. Probably closer to a quarter full. And judging from the cheers, it sounds like the majority of the fans are Red Sox supporters.

Can we all agree that Florida doesn't need a baseball team, much less two?
No doubt. I think that the Rays and Marlins are both really good young teams that would be fun to watch too. It's a shame.
Everytime I see the Rays play, I think to myself that they should have been the St Petersburg Sox, and for a brief moment my life is complete.
<!--quoteo(post=98144:date=May 24 2010, 09:29 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ May 24 2010, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Can we all agree that Florida doesn't need a baseball team, much less two?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Florida needs prune juice and an accredited university.
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

They must really not be into baseball there. They have some of the most exciting players in the game (Upton, Longoria, Carl Crawford), and they just went to the World Series <i>two years ago.</i>

Some web site mentioned that they're playing at a historical pace this year: their run differential is among the greatest of all-time.
Yet no one comes to watch.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=98158:date=May 24 2010, 10:19 PM:name=VanSlawAndCottoCheese)-->QUOTE (VanSlawAndCottoCheese @ May 24 2010, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=98144:date=May 24 2010, 09:29 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ May 24 2010, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Can we all agree that Florida doesn't need a baseball team, much less two?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Hey!
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
<!--quoteo(post=98173:date=May 25 2010, 12:01 AM:name=Kid)-->QUOTE (Kid @ May 25 2010, 12:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=98158:date=May 24 2010, 10:19 PM:name=VanSlawAndCottoCheese)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (VanSlawAndCottoCheese @ May 24 2010, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=98144:date=May 24 2010, 09:29 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ May 24 2010, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Can we all agree that Florida doesn't need a baseball team, much less two?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Hey!
Oops. What's your alma mater?
--Veryzer

FSU. And damn it, it's the very best school in the country!*

*If you limit the country to Tallahassee, Florida.
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
<!--quoteo(post=98179:date=May 25 2010, 12:22 AM:name=Kid)-->QUOTE (Kid @ May 25 2010, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->FSU. And damn it, it's the very best school in the country!*

*If you limit the country to Tallahassee, Florida.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Upper East Tallahassee Tech grads may fight you on that one.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=98179:date=May 25 2010, 12:22 AM:name=Kid)-->QUOTE (Kid @ May 25 2010, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->FSU. And damn it, it's the very best school in the country!*

*If you limit the country to Tallahassee, Florida.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
If it helps any, my penis is constantly lamenting that I didn't attend school in Florida.
--Veryzer

The Rays are good.