Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential Players on Trading Block for Summer
I don't believe the Cubs will be sellers this year. Not because they're likely to be playoff contenders but because I don't think Ricketts wants to be seen as a seller in his first year of ownership - but here is a list of players that are supposedly on the block according to today's ESPN Rumors:
<i>
"Potential trade targets this summer
Lance Berkman, 1B
Roy Oswalt, RHP
Prince Fielder, 1B
Adrian Gonzalez, 1B
Ty Wigginton, 3B
Cliff Lee, LHP
Bobby Jenks, CL
David Aardsma, CL
Heath Bell, CL
Ben Sheets, RHP
Kevin Gregg, CL"</i>
Whoa. We could get our hands on Kevin Gregg?
I still think the Cubs could easily get back into the race -- especially if Lee and Ramirez start hitting. But if we're clearly not going to contend by the trade deadline, Ricketts would be a fool not to sell off a few pieces.
I hope we don't pull a Howry and go after Aardsma. He's been good the past few seasons, but I have no doubt that once we'd acquire him, he would be a disaster here.
<!--quoteo(post=98206:date=May 25 2010, 09:56 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ May 25 2010, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I hope we don't pull a Howry and go after Aardsma. He's been good the past few seasons, but I have no doubt that once we'd acquire him, he would be a disaster here.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'd actually take a chance on Aardsma unless we'd have to give up any real talent to get him.
<!--quoteo(post=98207:date=May 25 2010, 09:58 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ May 25 2010, 09:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=98206:date=May 25 2010, 09:56 AM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ May 25 2010, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I hope we don't pull a Howry and go after Aardsma. He's been good the past few seasons, but I have no doubt that once we'd acquire him, he would be a disaster here.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'd actually take a chance on Aardsma unless we'd have to give up any real talent to get him.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah, I wouldn't complain about it at all, but it is just a fear that I have.
<!--quoteo(post=98201:date=May 25 2010, 09:32 AM:name=1060Ivy)-->QUOTE (1060Ivy @ May 25 2010, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't believe the Cubs will be sellers this year. Not because they're likely to be playoff contenders but because I don't think Ricketts wants to be seen as a seller in his first year of ownership - but here is a list of players that are supposedly on the block according to today's ESPN Rumors:
<i>
Lance Berkman, 1B
Roy Oswalt, RHP
Prince Fielder, 1B
Adrian Gonzalez, 1B
Ty Wigginton, 3B
Cliff Lee, LHP
Bobby Jenks, CL
David Aardsma, CL
Heath Bell, CL
Ben Sheets, RHP
Kevin Gregg, CL"</i><!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--quoteo(post=98233:date=May 25 2010, 12:08 PM:name=rleecubbies)-->QUOTE (rleecubbies @ May 25 2010, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=98201:date=May 25 2010, 09:32 AM:name=1060Ivy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (1060Ivy @ May 25 2010, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't believe the Cubs will be sellers this year. Not because they're likely to be playoff contenders but because I don't think Ricketts wants to be seen as a seller in his first year of ownership - but here is a list of players that are supposedly on the block according to today's ESPN Rumors:
<i>
Lance Berkman, 1B
Roy Oswalt, RHP
Prince Fielder, 1B
Adrian Gonzalez, 1B
Ty Wigginton, 3B
Cliff Lee, LHP
Bobby Jenks, CL
David Aardsma, CL
Heath Bell, CL
Ben Sheets, RHP
Indeed.
Looks like someone tried to pop a cherry!

Welcome!

It's only supposed to hurt a little at first.
I would take Gonzalez in a heartbeat. The rest meh.

My cherry is popped. I feel 22 eh er I mean 15 again!! Thanks.

<!--quoteo(post=98233:date=May 25 2010, 12:08 PM:name=rleecubbies)-->QUOTE (rleecubbies @ May 25 2010, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=98201:date=May 25 2010, 09:32 AM:name=1060Ivy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (1060Ivy @ May 25 2010, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't believe the Cubs will be sellers this year. Not because they're likely to be playoff contenders but because I don't think Ricketts wants to be seen as a seller in his first year of ownership - but here is a list of players that are supposedly on the block according to today's ESPN Rumors:
<i>
Lance Berkman, 1B
Roy Oswalt, RHP
Prince Fielder, 1B
Adrian Gonzalez, 1B
Ty Wigginton, 3B
Cliff Lee, LHP
Bobby Jenks, CL
David Aardsma, CL
Heath Bell, CL
Ben Sheets, RHP
If any of the Sox top relievers not named Jenks were to become available (Putz in particular), I'd hope that Hendry would look into the possibility.
<!--quoteo(post=98207:date=May 25 2010, 09:58 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ May 25 2010, 09:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=98206:date=May 25 2010, 09:56 AM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ May 25 2010, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I hope we don't pull a Howry and go after Aardsma. He's been good the past few seasons, but I have no doubt that once we'd acquire him, he would be a disaster here.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Remember when he sucked balls with the Cubs? Then got good not on the Cubs? Typical.
Aardsma was seen as a future closer right out of college, he was a fast track. It ended up taking him a lot longer, but I do think he has great stuff. We really didn't even give him much of a chance, and he wasn't even very bad for us either. I wouldn't mind getting him again. I'd prefer Heath Bell though of course. Just no Bobby Jenks, I'd hate him even if he wasn't on the Sox.
<!--quoteo(post=98280:date=May 25 2010, 04:32 PM:name=Fella)-->QUOTE (Fella @ May 25 2010, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Aardsma was seen as a future closer right out of college, he was a fast track. It ended up taking him a lot longer, but I do think he has great stuff. We really didn't even give him much of a chance, and he wasn't even very bad for us either. I wouldn't mind getting him again. I'd prefer Heath Bell though of course. Just no Bobby Jenks, I'd hate him even if he wasn't on the Sox.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
didn't we get him in a trade? anyone remember for whom?
[Image: lou.jpg]
<!--quoteo(post=98293:date=May 25 2010, 07:41 PM:name=Mikey)-->QUOTE (Mikey @ May 25 2010, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=98280:date=May 25 2010, 04:32 PM:name=Fella)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fella @ May 25 2010, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Aardsma was seen as a future closer right out of college, he was a fast track. It ended up taking him a lot longer, but I do think he has great stuff. We really didn't even give him much of a chance, and he wasn't even very bad for us either. I wouldn't mind getting him again. I'd prefer Heath Bell though of course. Just no Bobby Jenks, I'd hate him even if he wasn't on the Sox.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
didn't we get him in a trade? anyone remember for whom?
When the Cubs sent LaTroy Hawkins to the Giants. Jerome "Hawaiian Necklace" Williams also came over in the deal.
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer