Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why hasn't Ramirez been DL'd
The Cubs could use another body off the bench. Had the lineup turned over last night, they were out of pinch hitters. Plus, it could be retroactive to about 6 days ago.
<!--quoteo(post=98587:date=May 27 2010, 12:05 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ May 27 2010, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The Cubs could use another body off the bench. Had the lineup turned over last night, they were out of pinch hitters. Plus, it could be retroactive to about 6 days ago.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Agreed. additionally, when he is "better", they need to send him to the minors to see if he can remove his head from his rectum in non-crucial situations.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
I don't think anyone knows this for sure, but if it happens that he only needs a day or two more off, why put him on the DL for another week?
The way Lou burns through bench players, we cant afford to wait much longer.
<!--quoteo(post=98592:date=May 27 2010, 12:30 PM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ May 27 2010, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't think anyone knows this for sure, but if it happens that he only needs a day or two more off, why put him on the DL for another week?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

because even when he was healthy, he was awful. he needs to regain his swing. Have him do it at Iowa.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=98596:date=May 27 2010, 12:56 PM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ May 27 2010, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=98592:date=May 27 2010, 12:30 PM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ May 27 2010, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't think anyone knows this for sure, but if it happens that he only needs a day or two more off, why put him on the DL for another week?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

because even when he was healthy, he was awful. he needs to regain his swing. Have him do it at Iowa.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Lee didn't need to go to Iowa last year. There's plenty of star players across the league that are struggling and I don't think any of their respective teams are talking about sending them down to the minors.
Regardless of what was causing Aramis to suck, be it injury, getting older or something else entirely, it is hard to imagine his numbers coming close to his career averages this season. This may end for Aramis just as Soriano's season did last year, on the DL and with career worst production in all areas. I tend to agree with those wanting to DL Aramis now to avoid this becoming something much worse later.
<!--quoteo(post=98597:date=May 27 2010, 01:02 PM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ May 27 2010, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=98596:date=May 27 2010, 12:56 PM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ May 27 2010, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=98592:date=May 27 2010, 12:30 PM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ May 27 2010, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't think anyone knows this for sure, but if it happens that he only needs a day or two more off, why put him on the DL for another week?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Lee didn't need to go to Iowa last year. There's plenty of star players across the league that are struggling and I don't think any of their respective teams are talking about sending them down to the minors.
You don't really think he's been missing these games because of his hand, do you?
<!--quoteo(post=98602:date=May 27 2010, 01:13 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ May 27 2010, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=98597:date=May 27 2010, 01:02 PM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ May 27 2010, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=98596:date=May 27 2010, 12:56 PM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ May 27 2010, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=98592:date=May 27 2010, 12:30 PM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ May 27 2010, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't think anyone knows this for sure, but if it happens that he only needs a day or two more off, why put him on the DL for another week?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You don't really think he's been missing these games because of his hand, do you?

Partly, yes. If he was hitting the cover off the ball there's no way they would sit him with a minor hand injury. However, since he is struggling they figure it doesn't hurt to give him a few days off to rest the hand.

Again, I don't see other teams giving their star players fake injuries because they're struggling.
<!--quoteo(post=98606:date=May 27 2010, 01:20 PM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ May 27 2010, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=98602:date=May 27 2010, 01:13 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ May 27 2010, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=98597:date=May 27 2010, 01:02 PM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ May 27 2010, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=98596:date=May 27 2010, 12:56 PM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ May 27 2010, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=98592:date=May 27 2010, 12:30 PM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ May 27 2010, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't think anyone knows this for sure, but if it happens that he only needs a day or two more off, why put him on the DL for another week?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Partly, yes. If he was hitting the cover off the ball there's no way they would sit him with a minor hand injury. However, since he is struggling they figure it doesn't hurt to give him a few days off to rest the hand.

Again, I don't see other teams giving their star players fake injuries because they're struggling.

Even assuming you are right (and it's hard to find anyone doing as badly compared to his career norms as Aram is right now), is the fact that no one else is doing it really a good reason for the Cubs not to do it?
<!--quoteo(post=98606:date=May 27 2010, 01:20 PM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ May 27 2010, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=98602:date=May 27 2010, 01:13 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ May 27 2010, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=98597:date=May 27 2010, 01:02 PM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ May 27 2010, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=98596:date=May 27 2010, 12:56 PM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ May 27 2010, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=98592:date=May 27 2010, 12:30 PM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ May 27 2010, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't think anyone knows this for sure, but if it happens that he only needs a day or two more off, why put him on the DL for another week?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

In an interview, Lou said that Ramirez has been doing work on his hitting since his injury. Guess what? You can't work on something, when your supposed injury is the thing that's keeps you out of the lineup and is making you unavailable to PH? Doesn't make any sense. He's either hurt and should be DL'd or they're faking an injury and keeping him out of the lineup to work on his hitting. He's not hurt <b>and</b> working on the problem, that's not feasible.
Yes Ruby- and they gave him the cortisone shot just to stay with the cover up.
<!--quoteo(post=98617:date=May 27 2010, 01:37 PM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ May 27 2010, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=98606:date=May 27 2010, 01:20 PM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ May 27 2010, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=98602:date=May 27 2010, 01:13 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ May 27 2010, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=98597:date=May 27 2010, 01:02 PM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ May 27 2010, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=98596:date=May 27 2010, 12:56 PM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ May 27 2010, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=98592:date=May 27 2010, 12:30 PM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ May 27 2010, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't think anyone knows this for sure, but if it happens that he only needs a day or two more off, why put him on the DL for another week?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Even assuming you are right (and it's hard to find anyone doing as badly compared to his career norms as Aram is right now), is the fact that no one else is doing it really a good reason for the Cubs not to do it?

No, it's not. That wasn't my point at all. My point is there's a reason guys like Teixera don't get sent to the minors after a .559 OPS in the first month of the season. It's because he can follow it up with an .802 OPS the following month.

I understand that it's been longer than a month for Ramirez, but you have to realize the guy has a long track record of being an awesome ball player and that he'll eventually come out of it. Hell, just recently had a four game stretch where he had a .922 OPS.

I do think he should be lowered in the batting order. I just don't think sending him to the minors would do anything. If sending veteran players to the minors was helpful, I think we would see it done more often.
<!--quoteo(post=98626:date=May 27 2010, 01:58 PM:name=The Dude)-->QUOTE (The Dude @ May 27 2010, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Yes Ruby- and they gave him the cortisone shot just to stay with the cover up.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks it's silly that every time an injury comes up the conspiracy theories start flying around.
<!--quoteo(post=98626:date=May 27 2010, 01:58 PM:name=The Dude)-->QUOTE (The Dude @ May 27 2010, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Yes Ruby- and they gave him the cortisone shot just to stay with the cover up.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
They said they gave him a shot . . . and if they really did, he should be DL'd, that's why I made the thread. The fact that he hasn't been DL'd and Lou said he's been working on things, makes the cortisone shot seem a little fishy to me. He should either be DL'd or he should be playing, he shouldn't be sitting on the bench, not PHing, taking up a roster spot.