Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lilly is a cheater.
But he's our cheater!!
As long as he gets the job done, I accept him.
<!--quoteo(post=98779:date=May 28 2010, 09:31 AM:name=The Dude)-->QUOTE (The Dude @ May 28 2010, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->But he's our cheater!!<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

As I mentioned yesterday, about 3 batters before the flap, I'm thinking geez...he's 5 inches in front of the rubber when he starts his motion. He totally cheats. I think almost all pitchers cheat. Some pitchers cheat in ways you can see, others don't. Everyone tries to catch cheaters...even other cheaters. It's how the game is played. When you're caught, you're caught. Yesterday he wasn't caught...he was accused. He's gonna get caught next time though, if he's careless.
Yeah this isn't the first time I've heard announcers mention they thought Lilly was in front of the rubber. Other pitchers do it too though, and like Lilly said, I think its more of a footing thing than cheating thing. Casey Blake was just a touch over-dramatic.
I thought Ace made a good point in his BN article. How can it be beneficial to move an inch or two up off of the rubber and lose the leverage from actually pushing off the rubber?
<!--quoteo(post=98783:date=May 28 2010, 08:56 AM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ May 28 2010, 08:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I thought Ace made a good point in his BN article. How can it be beneficial to move an inch or two up off of the rubber and lose the leverage from actually pushing off the rubber?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah I agree, I think the reason it happens is because sometimes a small pot hole develops right in front of the rubber and they start pushing off the back of that pothole rather than the rubber itself.
My mouth is a pothole.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=98789:date=May 28 2010, 11:09 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ May 28 2010, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->My mouth is a pothole.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What's your ass?
The same.
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
I wish Randy Wells cheated.
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
<!--quoteo(post=98785:date=May 28 2010, 11:05 AM:name=Fella)-->QUOTE (Fella @ May 28 2010, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=98783:date=May 28 2010, 08:56 AM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ May 28 2010, 08:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I thought Ace made a good point in his BN article. How can it be beneficial to move an inch or two up off of the rubber and lose the leverage from actually pushing off the rubber?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah I agree, I think the reason it happens is because sometimes a small pot hole develops right in front of the rubber and they start pushing off the back of that pothole rather than the rubber itself.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ah, interesting.

Wouldn't the other starting pitcher be in the best position to notice, then?
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
I thought this thread was going to be about Sandberg's wife.
Typical Dodgers, they can't win so they accuse us of cheating. Anything less than 6 inches is wasted.

We should accuse them of stealing our signs. Take that!!
The Baseball Enthusiast
It's GONNA happen!!!